PDA

View Full Version : Adrian's Lawn Care

ace789nj
09-18-2011, 04:57 PM
Long time luker, first time posting.

My story: I've always enjoyed caring for my lawn. Taking my time, nourishing it, installing an irrigation system..you know the drill. When my old Toro died it was time to make a choice..buy a mower of a quality comensurate to how much I care for my grass or go with another Home Depot special. One of the ways I justified spending the $$ on a better mower was to plan on bringing in extra cash cutting lawns. Went with a 52" Scag. Thank's to this site I made a nice door hanger and hit my neighborhood. I made it a point not to try to take lawns away from existing landscapers, especially since there's only two outfits, one of which has helped me over the years with tips and suggestions.

Fast forward one mowing season, I have a few accounts and through word of mouth have received offers for more jobs..out of my neighborhood. My plan to make a few extra bucks just riding over to the homes on my cul de sac is now buying me a trailer and sprouting a new business. Now if I can only find the time to take on more lawns....

Steve
09-19-2011, 10:20 PM
Welcome to our forum!

What do you feel kept you from posting sooner?

Also, what are you planning on doing to open up your schedule for more customers?

ace789nj
09-20-2011, 08:06 PM
What do you feel kept you from posting sooner?

The idea of mowing lawns in my neighborhood was just a means to scrape up some cash for my mower purchase. I figured all I really had to do was get one house and the monthly note is paid for. I signed up here to read and learn a little more. I never thought I'd be in "business". I found out a couple weeks ago that I'm gonna need a trailer, it hit me. This isn't just gonna be a ride over to the next house thing. So now I'll be on the boards more often.

Also, what are you planning on doing to open up your schedule for more customers?

Wake up earlier