View Full Version : Ok stripes for a rookie

09-18-2011, 04:55 PM
So I like stripes, as I'm sure most of you do. Tips? Suggestions?

09-18-2011, 10:28 PM
Nice. I'm still pushing a 21" mower, so I can't offer any tips. :D

09-20-2011, 01:35 AM
Your stripes are great, but if you want advice;

Usually if I can avoid turning 180' on a lawn, I'll do just that.

An example would be driving completely off the lawn, and perhaps into a driveway, turning 180 and going back onto the lawn. This avoids bulky stripe ends around the visible perimeter of a lawn.

And no matter what, always go lengthwise, this makes the property look larger in size (which is nice).

Hope that helps!

... just lit my sweater on fire with a match I didn't put out properly... damn.

11-11-2011, 06:54 AM
I like what CHEESE said, unfortunately not all properties we service present the possibility of turning around off the the turf. So with a zero turn we must always remember to keep all wheels turning to avoid any ruts or tire marks.
As far as your Ball Park Lines....you need no ADVICE.....YOU GOT IT MAN !!

Clays Landscape
11-11-2011, 07:32 AM
My Toro ZMaster mower creates what I thought were decent stripes. Are yours so noticable because you have a striping kit? Tell me more about your kit, how it was installed, and are there any downfalls?

01-18-2012, 11:45 AM
looks great but then again, i am a new guy on here.

im curious too, was this done with a kit? aftermarket or factory? how much do aftermarket ones cost are are they worth it to you guys? meaning, do you sell this as extra or just a part of your package and do you charge more for this because you are already equipped with it?

01-18-2012, 02:53 PM
As soon as I saw your stripes I was thinking, you should be teaching us what you are doing! Nice work!

01-18-2012, 02:55 PM
Steve, good point.

share your steps?