PDA

View Full Version : need your professional help

ftafoya
03-20-2007, 02:46 AM
i am getting into landscape construction with a company thats been around for a while, there is no real way they bid on jobs, i have been reading forums every where i can find them to help me out with this problem, i want to be such i am making the company money and i am not the lowballer out there. i was allway told to work smarter not harder.i have done automotive sale before and towing so this is different but its only a challenge, but i learn by asking question with other in the business in the same field, so here i am.
they do complete landscape work,by question is this
how do i mark up the job and by what percent? are do i break it down by each different job example: irrigation,drainage,garden curbing,planting of trees and shrubs,concrete work,sod and if so is there a stanard for mark-ups on these type of jobs,?then i have to add maintenace for 30 day also, what is the best you guys do for bidding your jobs and still be competitive with other and still make a profit at the end.last what is your profit at the end. is there any software for bidding landscape constuction jobs? thanks for any and all your help

Steve
03-20-2007, 01:45 PM
Hi ftafoya,

Were you hired on as a salesman for them?

ftafoya
03-20-2007, 02:11 PM
more of a foreman,i have 5 guys that help with the constuction part, and also it will be bidding on back yards of newer homes,

Steve
03-21-2007, 12:03 PM
Here is an older post that dealt with irrigation product markups.

Quote[/b] ]Forum member Jason “underhistallit” offered two niche suggestions. “I have been doing irrigation service work for 3 years in addition to lawn care. There is a lot of money in the irrigation service industry, however you do need to know what you are doing. I charge $75.00 an hr. for labor alone. I buy all of my parts from our John Deere parts supplier and mark up all parts used 3x.

Does this help?

ftafoya
03-21-2007, 08:05 PM
again thanks for your help, that gives me a starting point for irrigation. if any one has anything on trees and shrubs or concrete work. ie patios garden curbing that will be very help full and also if any one uses software for all this thanks again for any help i can get

UnitedEnvironment.com
03-22-2007, 12:13 AM
I can help, my email is unitedenvironment@yahoo.com
hit me up, Ill tell you exactly how to price any paver and wall work, as well as plants, lawn maintenance etc. I should let you know up front that I am no longer in the business. I still own one, technically, but I do not run it any longer, I franchised it out I guess you could say. But I do have 15 years experience, I am certified in lawn care, design, and am also ICPI certified.