PDA

View Full Version : Alex's lawn care

alexslawncare
09-16-2011, 03:24 PM
Hi all, I am Alex I am 16 i have had a full service lawn care company since 2009,

Some of my equipment include a 2011 stihl FS 55

2009 husqavarna 125 leaf blower

1998 snapper yard cruser zero turn (15 hp kohler) (42 inch cut)

1992 snapper hydrostatic tractor 41 inch cut

2003 snapper R.E.A.R (28 inch cut) (10 hp briggs) (bagger kit, mulch kit)

2005 stihl ms 210 chain saw

and a 1989 Montgomery wards tractor that i just use for hauling crap around my yard

I am hoping to have ether a brand new bobcat pro cat by spring, Or a slightly used one, Whats the best mower brand that you know of?

Here is my youtube

http://www.youtube.com/user/Alexsslawncare?feature=mhee

I also have a 1980 ford f 150 custom.

SouthallMowing
09-19-2011, 11:30 AM
Welcome to the forums man! I'm 17. So I'm in the same boat, but I've been going at it since '10. Listen to these guys, they won't tell you wrong. Read up, read up, and read up!

Steve
09-19-2011, 11:24 PM
Welcome to our forum! Great videos you have there! Have you been using your videos to help market your business?

Martywdx
09-20-2011, 11:03 PM
Hi-

Your little business and the equipment list looks a lot like mine.
I've been doing this for a 20 years part time with the last 5 full time
I got 40ish costumers now.
all residential cept for 2 small commercial accounts.
Most of my power equipment is homeowner rated

2 sears lawn tractors with bagger
2 Stihl blowers
Honda 4 stroke trimmer
weed eater trimmer
several MTD walk behind mowers
3 2 stage snow blowers
1997 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
2 trailers
I have found over the years that homeowner type equipment suits me and my clients just fine. I have back up for everything. So when things do break down I'm not down also. I have pretty good luck in repairing all of it. And with the internet I can buy oem parts a lot cheaper by looking around.
Anyway that's my story and welcome to the board.

As for the best mower. Name brand power equipment like most everything now days is very similar in quality and reliability. Just have a good mechanic on stand by to fix it right and fix it fast, if you can't do it yourself. Because they all break at some time. Just remember bigger isn't always better. Buy and use the equipment that best fits your clients.

alexslawncare
09-21-2011, 11:30 AM
Steve, I have not its a good idea though and i might try it! thanks!

Martywdx, I have been rebuilding lawn mowers for people now for close to 10 years, I started out just sharpening blades now I do just about everything including hydro trany rebuilding :D thats about the hardest thing ive found so far, I also have a backup for everything except my weed whip but if that breaks in the next 2 years i get it fixed by stihl for free :D