PDA

View Full Version : Elite Lawn Care

GrantELC
09-15-2011, 10:51 AM
I have been mowing lawns for two years. Last year I started this company with a friend and this year is with another. I know some are against partnerships but it has worked out great so far.

We are a small company in Washington State. We have a 5x7 trailer (Built in 4 wide x 3.5 high box for clippings), soon a work truck for hauling, two Honda commercials walk behinds, Stihl br 600, Stihl 110, Stihl 45, misc. tools as needed for jobs (trimmers, shovels, etc.)

Anyway we are starting to come up to winter time now and we have been concentrating on getting some Fall clean up flyers typed up and also some winter flyers. As we will be trying to stick our nose into the residential snow service for the first time.

-Grant

Steve
09-15-2011, 11:48 AM
Welcome to our forum!

For those that have issues with partnerships, can you tell us what you have liked so far about being in a partnership and why you feel it was the best choice for you?

GrantELC
09-15-2011, 12:02 PM
My partnerships have been with close friends who I have known my whole life. Now depending on who you do it with it is a huge trust factor. A lot of people say that they are screwed over by it but I guess it depends on what problems other people have had... We both do the same amount of work whether one is in the office or mowing.

It was a good choice for me because it just worked out for taxes, banks, sure you can sub out but again if it is someone you trust and can make things fair between the two you don't run into many problems.

The only problems I have run into is at the end of the lawn someone didn't blow off anything. Cheesy things like that you just laugh about.

Steve
09-16-2011, 12:16 PM
Do you think part of doing well with partnerships is based on your personality type?

Maybe do some people just work better with others while some want to be the boss? Or do you think other factors come into play with that?