PDA

View Full Version : Hello All

slackjack
09-11-2011, 03:10 AM
Let me introduce myself and what i do now and plan to do in near future.

My current job is a concrete mixer driver. I have been doing this for 17 years now and most of the time i have had others take care of my lawn needs.

It's not that i don't like doing yard work, it's just i did not have the time. Until this downturn i was working 60 hours a week, 6 days a week and working odd hours at that.

I can see the end of my driving career coming. I have PVC (premature ventricular contraction), extra beats between your normal beats. I nearly did not get my last medical card. Probably came from all the long odd hours.

So what does that have to do with running a lawn care business you ask?

It got me thinking what will i do after my driving career?

The last few years i have not been happy with the service i have been getting. They would start out great but as time went on their service went down hill.

I decided to start a lawn care business with the idea to treat my customers lawns as if they where mine.

Iím having to build my lawn care business from the ground up. Until last weekend i did not even own a push mower. I bought a sprayer yesterday and today i plan on buying a zero turn mower.

In the coming months i will purchase the other equipment i will need, learn about length of time it takes to do each job and how to price each job.

I plan to start marketing my new business in late spring of 2012. I will first only offer to mow, trim and weed spray which in my area runs around $40-$50.

Will thatís my lawn care business hopes. All help will be appreciated.

Steve
09-12-2011, 01:30 PM
Welcome to our forum!

Have you talked with your doctor about how your health condition may be effected by performing all the manual labor involved in lawn care? Is that a concern at all?

Also, what is your view on why you are waiting until next year to start marketing?