PDA

View Full Version : Snow Removal**get hired on or sub contract

upnorth
09-08-2011, 09:02 AM
I just started my lawn care/snow removal business and am preparing for what to do this winter. If I don't have enough accounts to sustain me through the winter, would you suggest getting hired on with a snow removal business or sub contract your services?

Steve
09-08-2011, 07:26 PM
Subcontracting yourself out could be a great way to keep some cash flowing and learn while you are at it.

If you have your own truck and plow I am sure others would love to hire you.

Why not reach out to other landscapers/snow plow businesses in your area and see if they need extra help.

Keep us posted on how all this goes.

upnorth
09-10-2011, 03:18 PM
That's what I was thinking. There's some lawn care companies that are talking snow and looking for help/subs for snow removal already.

Question is, how much would one charge to sub for another business? And, if I have a few customers from my business that signed up for snow removal, do I do them on my own time or do I have to switch them over to the business that I'm subcontracting for?

SECTLANDSCAPING
09-11-2011, 11:50 PM
That's what I was thinking. There's some lawn care companies that are talking snow and looking for help/subs for snow removal already.

Question is, how much would one charge to sub for another business? And, if I have a few customers from my business that signed up for snow removal, do I do them on my own time or do I have to switch them over to the business that I'm subcontracting for?
you wouldnt have to switch your clients. You may have to wait till after your finished subbing depending on the agreement you have with them. In my state your required to do commercial accounts before residential. So the state doesnt lose tax money. I let all my customers know this in advance and has never been a problem. Most prefer you come after most the snow has fallen others want you there whenever they go to work. So you win some you lose some.

The majority of snow removal companies will have a set price to pay you. A few will pay based on your equipment, mainly blade size, if you have a sander, etc.