PDA

View Full Version : Blower Shock

CHEESE2009
09-07-2011, 12:56 PM
My handheld blower has been shocking my guy, I keep laughing at him when he tells me. I told him I wont get it fixed because it's too funny, and it makes my day.

Well, I was shocked by it. Nothing deadly, kind of like a gag pen zap or something. It's a lot of fun, LOL!!!!

Any idea what's causing this???

wandfsmall
09-07-2011, 02:47 PM
My handheld blower has been shocking my guy, I keep laughing at him when he tells me. I told him I wont get it fixed because it's too funny, and it makes my day.

Well, I was shocked by it. Nothing deadly, kind of like a gag pen zap or something. It's a lot of fun, LOL!!!!

Any idea what's causing this???

It is likely either your touching the plug or the kill wire has a tear in it.

Steve
09-07-2011, 06:22 PM
Can you get some video of him using this as he jumps!

http://themodmuse.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/LeafBlower-300x238.jpg

Martywdx
09-08-2011, 09:56 AM
Had the same problem with a trimmer once. Not really a shock, more of a tingle when my arm was sweaty and touched the housing. Finally narrowed it down to the on/off switch. Don't know if it was actually bad or if the wires were loose. But after replacing the switch and rewired it all was fine. It was a simple fix.:)

Johnny_boy02
09-08-2011, 11:04 PM
is it a Stihl? Back when I used to work for a utility company we had a couple handhelds that would shock you pretty good. It was a game to steal a good blower off someones truck and replace it with one of the bad ones.

After awhile more of them started doing it. I used to lock my blower in my truck every time I stopped to keep it safe.

FaccLndscpng
10-26-2011, 08:24 PM
I had the same problem on two of my blowers, a hand-held Stihl and a Back Pack Echo. I just re-wrapped the handles with electrical tape, every once and a while you will have to re-wrap the tape but holds up for atleast a season. Don't know why it happens but its alot easier to throw some tape on the handle as opposed to replacing parts.