PDA

View Full Version : Ferris Is 3000

mschlotter
09-06-2011, 08:48 PM
I have a ferris IS 3000 zero turn with a few problems.
1. It seems weather the ground is wet or not, the mower still digs in whenever I turn (Yes, i tried going as slow as i could) Could the wheels be tilted or something?

2.The Clutch for the blades do not activate once the mower has been running. It will start if it has been cold. I have replaced the switch as that is not the issue. I have to pull switch up and go under the mower from the back and tap the pully with a hammer.

3. The right handlebar is "jumpy" I'm assuming this could be a valve?

It is quite embarrassing when I am out at a lawn and I have to tap the pully, and I don't normally do a 0 point turn, I may do a 2-3 point turn just so I don't rip up the lawn, the down side is it takes longer and i need more room to do 3 point turn.

I'm just hoping some of you guys had the same problems and know a solution, thanks.

wandfsmall
09-06-2011, 11:49 PM
First off how many hours are on the unit, and how old is it?

I have a ferris IS 3000 zero turn with a few problems.
1. It seems weather the ground is wet or not, the mower still digs in whenever I turn (Yes, i tried going as slow as i could) Could the wheels be tilted or something?

It could be, but another solution would be worn shocks...

2.The Clutch for the blades do not activate once the mower has been running. It will start if it has been cold. I have replaced the switch as that is not the issue. I have to pull switch up and go under the mower from the back and tap the pully with a hammer.

Sounds like an electric clutch. I do not see that crossed to a Warner(the company that made the clutch) number so I would expect to see it around $350 to $400

3. The right handlebar is "jumpy" I'm assuming this could be a valve?

My guess it a gas shock but it could also be a week hydro or the other hydro in bypass mode The shock would be the most common and cheapest so I would start looking at that.

mschlotter
09-07-2011, 05:32 PM
It has about 800 hours on it.