PDA

View Full Version : Flyer distribution

Liberty Landscaping LLC
09-05-2011, 05:17 PM
So Yest I get an email from a company that passes out flyers. I figured what the heck let me see what they do and how much. I am sitting on 10k doorhangers that I was going to pass out in april next year. The guy called me back today and said that they charge 63 dollars a day (promo first two weeks) normally 68 a day. They pass out as many as they can in a day (they average 400 homes a day.) I really don't feel like that much walking and they said they pass out up to two flyers a day. The companies never are competitors. I figure what the heck it comes out to 9. and change an hour and $2 dollars a day for GPS tracking so I can see where they are and check up on them if I wish to.

What do you guys think?

shadrach
09-06-2011, 07:10 AM
How much control do you have over where they distribute?
where do they leave the flyers?

Liberty Landscaping LLC
09-06-2011, 08:22 AM
I pick the towns and they dist based on towns. They put it in thhe storm door at eye level he said.

Ryan's Lawn Care
09-06-2011, 10:36 AM
what if one of the people are in their driveway and ask a question and the person says I donno im just the guy that passes the fliers out thats sort of my thought cus most people probably throw them out anyways.

picframer
09-06-2011, 01:50 PM
Seems reasonable, it's less than min wage where I live, I would want some type of performance guarantee (min of xxx fliers delivered today), would also want to be specific to what areas they are delivered to, in my city which is large, there are areas that we would never accept work for a number of reasons and others where it would be ideal.

I know here the Post Office will also do this service and I did it, I could narrow right down to a street with the system they use, all in all it wasn't an effective mode of marketing for us, I forget how many thousand flyer's we sent out, I think I got two calls.

What worked for me was having flyer's specific to a service and when we saw someone needing that service we left one, the flyer would start by saying "We were driving by and notice you might need help with ........" this marketing was very successful, I would guess 70% of the people called for at least a quote and it almost always lead to other services.

As for someone asking the person handing them out, should not be a problem, they would be no different than a post man carrier, I suspect they would tell the prospect they work for ABC company and are hired for delivery of the flyer's.

I use this method at a location I currently manage and it works well.

shadrach
09-06-2011, 03:07 PM
Price seems reasonable for taking them to the door.

CHEESE2009
09-07-2011, 04:50 PM
400 homes sounds like a lot, but in reality that's from your driveway and around the block.

Example:

My street = 100 homes

My street takes 8 minutes to walk up to the end of it.

If it takes 1 minute to deliver a flyer per mailbox from my street, it would take an additional 100 minutes

100 minutes for dropping off flyers + 8 minutes of walking down the street = 108 minutes total.

108 / 60 = 1Hr 8min.

It takes approx 1 hour to deliver 100 flyers.

One hour is going to cost you $60+ for someone else to hand out your flyers?

All the above is just a theory, in practice I have been able to get approx 1000 flyers handed out in less than 6 hours.

- That's roughly 166 flyers delivered per hour without breaking my back or rushing.

Steve
09-07-2011, 04:53 PM
Is there any testing you would like to do with this service for the Fall? Maybe a smaller amount and see how they work.

If it works, you could go even bigger in the spring.

Liberty Landscaping LLC
09-07-2011, 06:53 PM
I decided to have them pass it out now for the fall clean ups. Yest they did 340 houses for 63 dollars. They have gps on them so today I went to check out how they do it they open the storm door and put it eye level. We shall see if it causes calls.

Steve
09-08-2011, 07:15 PM
If you got a 1% response, you should be looking at 3 to 4 calls.

Did you make any kind of offer in your marketing material or was it a straight forward promotion for fall cleanups?

Another thing to consider is the timing of the ad. How does marketing now compare to when you normally put out your fall clean up marketing?

All of these things can factor in to effect the number of responses you get.

Liberty Landscaping LLC
09-09-2011, 06:13 AM
Steve
this is my first year marketing. They passed out to about 900 - 1000 homes. They passed out to two towns I didn't want so I have to call him today. The reason I know about the one town is someone called me yest from one of the towns I didn't want. I am going there today for an estimate. There is a coupon if they sign a lawn maintenance contract they get x% off a fall or spring cleanup. Fall clean ups will start in the next two months. That's why I want it out now before it is already needed. The flyer also lists other services as dethatching and aeration. Any more questions?