PDA

View Full Version : Silly Expenses

CHEESE2009
09-05-2011, 04:52 PM
I spend over $1,000.00 on drinks per month. LOL.

Dammit! I keep reminding myself to stop doing that...

, anyone else have a funny spending habit?

Steve
09-07-2011, 04:35 PM
WOW what are you buying?

Is this like daily Gatorade purchases or other types of drinks?

picframer
09-07-2011, 06:09 PM
Our Star Bucks on this side of the line is Tim Horton's, coffee is amazing as is the food. They sell a product called an Ice Capp, OMG once you have one you are hooked and I mean big time, I do not know of a cold coffee drink that can touch it, at one point past year I was drinking 3 to 4 a day, aside from the caffine they are an excellent cold drink.......that would add up to about $400 a month:)

I bet most of us would be shocked if you kept a daily record of every cent you spent, for say three months then put it into an excel spreadsheet. Years ago I offered financial counselling through the community centre, It was part of something I needed to do for credits on a domestic economic development course, people in the class were shocked especially when it came to eating out, coffee and cigarette's.

Ducke
09-07-2011, 06:40 PM
That is why I take a 2 gallon water jug with me each day.
My big weakness is Coffee and Coke.
If I didn't have the water I would be sucking back cans of coke like there was no tomorrow and I would weight 500 lbs.
I like my water and its good for me and Cheap.

Ryan's Lawn Care
09-07-2011, 07:27 PM
i spend as little money as i can so i can save most of it i only buy gas and pay the bill on my cell phone every month and insurance thats about it. and a case of beer every now and then.

mzlawncare
09-07-2011, 07:48 PM
I spend probably $200 a month on prople and life savers.

CHEESE2009
09-08-2011, 10:37 AM
Take a look at this.... LOL

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m25/mad_insane/visalol.png

Couche Tard = Convenience store/Gas

Ducke
09-08-2011, 12:57 PM
Man why do you have a house you could survive in your truck at the back lot of Couche Tard or as we call them down here Couch Retard .

justin_time
09-08-2011, 04:04 PM
Take a look at this.... LOL

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m25/mad_insane/visalol.png

Couche Tard = Convenience store/Gas

$14 at McDonalds ?? What the hell you eating ?

CHEESE2009
09-08-2011, 04:52 PM
$14 at McDonalds ?? What the hell you eating ?

I buy my hired helper some food most of the time.

Now he's just a mooch.

Johnny_boy02
09-08-2011, 09:57 PM
I cant figure out why but for the last few months I have been on a diet pepsi kick, so I spend like $2 a day.

I dont have any weird spending habits but I tent to impulse buy expensive things. Last week i walked into the gun store to get some batteries and walked out with a receipt for a new gun..... oops.

TLC131
09-09-2011, 12:49 AM
We always try to keep a cooler of water in the truck and every morning I empty the ice box into it and refill the water. The ice cold water is awesome and free. :)

I buy my helper lunch at least once a week. I keep track on my receipts and have reduced spending in the last couple months. 4 months ago was $360 and last month was $125 which is more reasonable

Steve
09-10-2011, 11:18 AM
I buy my helper lunch at least once a week. I keep track on my receipts and have reduced spending in the last couple months. 4 months ago was $360 and last month was $125 which is more reasonable

What kind of things did you do to reduce your expenses?

Yard Elements
09-10-2011, 08:14 PM
Our Star Bucks on this side of the line is Tim Horton's, coffee is amazing as is the food. They sell a product called an Ice Capp, OMG once you have one you are hooked and I mean big time, I do not know of a cold coffee drink that can touch it, at one point past year I was drinking 3 to 4 a day, aside from the caffine they are an excellent cold drink.......that would add up to about $400 a month:)

I bet most of us would be shocked if you kept a daily record of every cent you spent, for say three months then put it into an excel spreadsheet. Years ago I offered financial counselling through the community centre, It was part of something I needed to do for credits on a domestic economic development course, people in the class were shocked especially when it came to eating out, coffee and cigarette's.

I Keep Every Receipt and track every penny.

SECTLANDSCAPING
09-11-2011, 11:33 PM
I was doing the same thing with coffee. 3-5 a day at close to $3 a pop. So without even eating I was at $12 a day. I cut back, I bring one from home in the morning and buy one at micky ds for $1 and then in the evening I buy one at d&d. I saved around $275 a month doing this. I do always bring water and most the time a bagged lunch.