PDA

View Full Version : I lost a long term account today. Yeah!

Sprinkler Buddy
09-04-2011, 02:24 PM
I just lost one of my long term customers for the past 8 years. I couldn't be more relieved. lol He had gotten remarried a year ago and his new wife had made several changes in the yard, flower beds, many new trees, small fish pond, etc..., adding more and more work to the yard that I maintained. She didn't think it should cost her more because in her mind, she was creating less mowing. I don't care to lose any accounts this time of the year but this one was welcomed. She had bought a new mower last week and told me she wanted to try and do it herself. I'm sure she can mow it without a problem in two days, lol, it's the details she will soon learn, trimming, spraying, etc. that truly makes a yard look nice or not.

Glad to have passed that big yard on to someone else, better yet to the ex-customer themselves. God is Good! lol

mark123
09-04-2011, 02:32 PM
Congrats!!! My trouble customers just keep coming back. I've got to raise some prices! :D

Sprinkler Buddy
09-04-2011, 02:44 PM
I always raise the price if they come back. lol I need to learn how to raise the price when I still have those troubled accounts. lol

CHEESE2009
09-04-2011, 03:42 PM
YES!!!!

I hate when people say "You should talk to my neighbor, get him/her to hire you, it's a nice yard"

It's all crap, nice doesn't make my job easier. If it looks fancy, it's more difficult.

Less grass means more obstacles 90% of the time, end of story. LOL

What a world......

stevef1201
09-05-2011, 10:14 AM
I also just lost a customer, and am very happy. The guy was always complaining about being charged extra for extra work, never seemed to be satisfied, NO MATTER WHAT! I have seen the 'new guy' and clued him in on this guy and he said 'thanks, I think that I wll raise his rate, I hate working for guys like him.'

Steve
09-07-2011, 04:25 PM
I always raise the price if they come back.

How do you determine how much to raise the price? Is it a flat fee or a percentage?

Also, what do you do if they complain about the price hike?

jsslawncare
09-17-2011, 08:53 AM
I lost one a couple of weeks ago, couldn't be happier! He bought his own mower. A big business man with 4 kids and 3 acre's. Good luck. He said he'd call me back if it didn't work out. I thinking he can just find someone else if it doesn't work out. I can't quit but, I can be fired.

Ryan's Lawn Care
09-17-2011, 12:11 PM
i hate wen people ask me to mow lower and i try to explain to them i cant otherwise i will scalp the grass. Some people just baffle me who the hell would want their yard mowed to the dirt. I lost a yard on thursday due to this the guy told me he would no longer need me this season but if im still mowing next season then give him a call i was like wat ever bud.

oh and my other favorite line is "your job isnt even that hard we should only pay you 15 dollars." i stopped working for them had to beat the door down to get paid and then they came crawling back 2 summers ago wanting me to mow again i just said ill think about it and never got back to them.