PDA

View Full Version : New Mower

Ducke
09-03-2011, 07:39 PM
Well August has been my best month, so much so I have broken down and bought my first commercial mower.
Today I bought a Honda HRC2163HXC
Features
Honda GXV160 OHV commercial grade engine
Roto-Stop® blade stop system for safety and convenience
Hhydrostatic infinitely- variable speed self-propelled transmission

I have to wait till Tuesday due to the Holiday Monday to pick it up.
I will post some pick when I get it.

Steve
09-04-2011, 12:00 PM
Were there other you were considering? What made you finally go with this one?

Sprinkler Buddy
09-04-2011, 01:59 PM
Congrats, too bad you won't get to brake it in until next year. lol Old man winter is fast approaching.

Ducke
09-04-2011, 02:19 PM
Were there other you were considering? What made you finally go with this one?

It was between a toro22197 or the Honda HRC2163HXC
What made up my mind was several minus for the Toro
1) the speed shift was a plastic lever you shifted with your foot
2) having to hold the clutch handle 1/2 way closed to start.
3) belt driven not direct drive.
4) way too many non-replaceable plastic parts.

Honda was way ahead in all categories and its a shame because I have always like Toro.
Price was also a factor but not the main one I got the Honda for $300 dollars less then that Toro.
Only time will tell if I chose right.

Ducke
09-04-2011, 02:20 PM
Congrats, too bad you won't get to brake it in until next year. lol Old man winter is fast approaching.

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I was hoping he would still be sleeping for at least a month or so. ;)

wandfsmall
09-04-2011, 02:23 PM
It was between a toro22197 or the Honda HRC2163HXC
What made up my mind was several minus for the Toro
1) the speed shift was a plastic lever you shifted with your foot
2) having to hold the clutch handle 1/2 way closed to start.
3) belt driven not direct drive.
4) way too many non-replaceable plastic parts.

Honda was way ahead in all categories and its a shame because I have always like Toro.
Price was also a factor but not the main one I got the Honda for $300 dollars less then that Toro.
Only time will tell if I chose right.

From a mechanical standpoint I think you chose right. I still think if you found a older push mower when things were built better you would have just as good of a mower. The only thing I do not like about the commercial push units is I think they are over priced.

Ducke
09-04-2011, 05:53 PM
From a mechanical standpoint I think you chose right. I still think if you found a older push mower when things were built better you would have just as good of a mower. The only thing I do not like about the commercial push units is I think they are over priced.

This is the truth about everything made these days.

wandfsmall
09-05-2011, 08:11 PM
This is the truth about everything made these days.

Not always, I have sold mowers for a long time and adjusting for inflation most mowers have honestly dropped in price.

justin_time
09-05-2011, 08:45 PM
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d192/justinpitre/this_thread_is_worthless_without_pics.gif

wandfsmall
09-05-2011, 09:10 PM
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d192/justinpitre/this_thread_is_worthless_without_pics.gif

hey Justin is your qr code supposed to do? I just got some random text when I scanned it.

justin_time
09-05-2011, 10:07 PM
hey Justin is your qr code supposed to do? I just got some random text when I scanned it.

It's my Just in Time Blackberry Group I have

Ducke
09-06-2011, 05:02 PM

Well here you go
Ladies and Gentlemen I give you:

RAlawncare
09-06-2011, 05:16 PM
i like the sticker ahaha

picframer
09-06-2011, 06:16 PM
So there is no discharge with this unit? I take it you bag the clippings for the lawns you look after?

Ducke
09-06-2011, 07:09 PM
So there is no discharge with this unit? I take it you bag the clippings for the lawns you look after?

No I don't bag as a rule
I now "micro -mulch" with my new Honda.:cool: