PDA

View Full Version : Need help on Pricing

poohbutt630
09-02-2011, 03:38 AM
Hey me and my husband are starting a small lawn care and clean up service. We are trying to find out how to charge customers for our service, if we should do it by hour or by the size of the yard and the services we are providing. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.;)

smorris103
09-03-2011, 11:57 AM
I think of how much I want to make an hour and then compare to the size of the job. .2 acre for a cut, trim, blown surfaces=$25. I'm in and out in 45 min. Again, it is just me. Anything additional tasks I figure about $20 per large tasks, weeding. Bush trim $5 per bush and $1 a liner foot for edging. I also charge a kicker for grass disposal. I can't eat all of the disposal cost/drive time. Northern suburb of Chicago and I'm just starting out.

Steve
09-04-2011, 12:53 PM
Welcome to our forum!

I agree early on I think it is easier to figure out how much you want to make per hour and then estimate how long the job will take.

If you call around or look online on sites like craigslist, you can get an idea of what your local competitors are charging and then you can find where you want your price to be.

Then figure out how long it takes you to mow your property or a family member's property as a test. If you can then measure the size of the lawn with a surveyors wheel, you can then compare new properties to the old ones and know how long they take.

Or you can use the free lawn care estimate calculators (http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?p=43299#post43299) on this site here.

Let me know if this helps.