PDA

View Full Version : Gaining Commercial Plowing Contracts?

TLC131
08-31-2011, 09:30 AM
I'm wondering how people gain commercial snow plowing contracts. The only commercial I had last year was from my dad's company. I dont know if I should just put a quote in the mailboxes after eyeballing the lot or if I should call/walk in and ask, some say No Solicitors.

Any experiences or help would be appreciated.

I'm planning on buying a dump truck and I would like to be able to make money on it this winter. I plan on keeping my chevy 2500 for driveways. But my goal is at least 5 parking lots and that would be awesome

Steve
08-31-2011, 04:07 PM
I think you are off to a great start working with your father. Can you start to network out through him and other people you know? I bet if you all sat down, you could come up with a list of others who either own small businesses in your area or work at them. Either way, those connections could help you land some more work.

If you find other locations you would like to plow, why not go in and find out who you would submit a bid to?

Are you offering lawn care services? Could you talk to your current clients and see if they needed snow plowing services as well?