PDA

View Full Version : Invoice help, plesee read.

cuejunky
08-30-2011, 08:13 PM
I don't know if this is the best place to start but here it goes.

I have a customer who always carries a balance and has requested copies of their transaction history. When I go to print all the past invoices for them, they ALL show the same balance. What am I doing wrong....Any help would be appreciated.

mark123
08-30-2011, 10:51 PM
Try going to that customer in your Customer list. Select the "Billing" tab. Uncheck the "Display balance forward on invoice" checkbox.

A better choice may be to go to "Reports" and select the "Customer" tab. Click the "Customer History" button and select "Specific Customer". Choose their name and run the report for the dates you require.

Does that help?

Hedgemaster
08-30-2011, 10:51 PM
Don't take this personally, because I see this a lot, but what are you talking about?

The more info you can provide, the better your chances of getting an appropriate reply - or any reply.

Help us help you.

mark123
08-30-2011, 10:54 PM
Don't take this personally, because I see this a lot, but what are you talking about?

The more info you can provide, the better your chances of getting an appropriate reply - or any reply.

Help us help you.

Yeah, I did assume that they were talking about the Gopher software. If not, disregard my reply. :)

picframer
08-31-2011, 06:33 AM
Print the customer a statement and select the time frame you want to cover.

cuejunky
08-31-2011, 08:52 AM
Sorry, I am using Gopher. I have unchecked the "Display balance forward on all invoices" to no avail. When I go to the reports section and select the customer and runn the report, all the invoices in the list have the same dollar amount. Under " Invoices" go to all invoices tab and selecting any past invoice to print shows their current balance - not what their balance was at the time of the invoice. Sorry I was vague in the first post - just frustrated..

Thanks again for the replies, hopefully someone can figure this out..

mark123
08-31-2011, 05:30 PM
Under "Options" click the "Billing" button, under "Display Balance Forward on Invoice" click the "Use Customer-Specific Option" radio button.
http://images.imaginekitty.com/GopherSettings292.png

Then under "Customer" double-click the customer's name to open that customers edit window. Click the "Billing" tab. Uncheck the "Display balance forward on invoices" check box.
http://images.imaginekitty.com/GopherSettings432.png

Have you read the manual?

stevef1201
08-31-2011, 08:36 PM
To Mark 123 not to be Facetious, but -What? read the manual?

mark123
08-31-2011, 09:09 PM
To Mark 123 not to be Facetious, but - What? read the manual?

http://www.gophersoftware.com/index.php?page=support

cuejunky
09-01-2011, 04:35 AM
Mark123 - For what its worth, I have read the manual. I have done exactly what you said in your post and still cannont get the original invoive. To make things clear I had been using QB and decided to switch to Gopher. When I put the customer in Gopher I set the inital balance to 110.00. Invoiced them in July for 55.00 and the total for invoice 29 was 165.00. That is what I am trying to get. The customer just sent invoice 29 to me along with a payment, however I cant duplicate the invoice. If I turn on "display balance forward" I can see the 110 and the new service fee but the amount due is the customers current balance - which currently is a credit. If I turn it off, the invoice only shows the service fee for July.

This is why I asked...what am I doing wrong. Im sure there is a solution.

Thanks Again

cuejunky
09-06-2011, 06:05 PM
BUMP......Anyone have any more ideas?:confused:

mark123
09-06-2011, 06:54 PM
I guess I'm giving you a solution to a problem you don't currently have. I guess I can't figure out what you're after.

jymie
09-08-2011, 11:30 PM
BUMP......Anyone have any more ideas?:confused:

Each invoice you have run previously should be listed in the invoices area of your program, when you click on the previous invoices, they should all be exactly the same as when you first ran them. Make sure you click the tab that says all invoices.

Also you could just go to REPORTS/CUSTOMER/CUSTOMER HISTORY and run it that way.