PDA

View Full Version : Military Man turned Lawn Mower Man

ringahding1
08-28-2011, 11:46 AM
Veteran of the United States Air Force Richard Hansen is now chasing his passion..here's his site any feedback welcomed. hansenslawncare.com

Sprinkler Buddy
08-28-2011, 10:26 PM
As a fellow Veteran of the United States Marine Corp, I wish him well in his new venture. "Semper-Fidelis"

Steve
08-29-2011, 12:25 PM
Very neat!

I noticed you have links to your partners page. How are you all working together as partners? Any advice for others looking to try and do this?

Sprinkler Buddy
08-29-2011, 12:47 PM
Very neat!

I noticed you have links to your partners page. How are you all working together as partners? Any advice for others looking to try and do this?

I was wondering the same thing but didn't know how to word it. lol Thanks Steve!

ringahding1
08-29-2011, 07:00 PM
Very neat!

Well it's obvious hansenslawncare.com is new and in the same service area as Warner's Outdoor Solutions, but I made the call to Warner's on his behalf and they gave the thumbs up to join our circle we developed this spring. At this point there is no threat of business getting swiped from each other. All 3 of us are on the same page "Plenty of work for everyone". So we feed each other business.

For instance: Hansen's has been and still is doing SUB-mowing for me 11 jobs, plus his own 14....when i met him off Craigslist (I Know) he only had a push mower....so i sold him my 36" Lesco walk behind and you see on the video he's getting better at making ball park lines. If you noticed on his web pages his service area has 2 of the cities I service: Lake Elmo & Stillwater...he will email any info related to those to me and vice versa. The bigger jobs we can't handle will go directly to Warner's. They do all of our Fertilization/Weed Control.

Advice? NONE ! Suggestions? PLENTY.

1st Be 100% HONEST...if u make a cold call to a competitior, you will most definitely sound like a salesman, BUT, if your intentions truly are to work with a competitor, there is no real guarantee it will work or they will want to work with you. I've made many cold calls trying to give jobs we couldn't handle away and MOST think you want something in return. Most are all about themselves.

2nd: SHOW EM...The proof is in the pudding! If you're sending your competitors, potential partner/s jobs and info you've received from hits off your website or calls that came in....you just proved you are willing to work with them...

3rd: Communication... Another big one. If you're not staying in contact with your Partners, they make think you're being slick or working in their neighborhood or stealing their jobs. Of course you don't want to do that, instead you want them to sell your company as you will do for them.

Question to other LCO's Have you ever just wished you had a solid connection with another company you trust?

Steve
08-30-2011, 01:33 PM
I like that you are working together and I think that can be very helpful in many ways.

I do have a question though about promoting this on a website. Here you have a website with two other companies in your partnership group. Now what's to stop a potential customer from logging onto your site, calling and asking for a quote and then seeing two other companies they can call and ask for a quote from as well?

Could this become a problem? If so, would it be better to have a group but not publicize it on your website?

ringahding1
08-30-2011, 11:37 PM
I like that you are working together and I think that can be very helpful in many ways.

I do have a question though about promoting this on a website. Here you have a website with two other companies in your partnership group. Now what's to stop a potential customer from logging onto your site, calling and asking for a quote and then seeing two other companies they can call and ask for a quote from as well?

Could this become a problem? If so, would it be better to have a group but not publicize it on your website?

I tell ya the truth I've thought of that, but just never heard it until you just wrote it. No doubt it could cause some confusion as far as "That customer just called me". I will make changes, thanx a million Steve! ! Once again !