PDA

View Full Version : Walk-behind hydraulic oil replacement help

looksgoodlawncare
08-26-2011, 05:28 PM
I have always had a mechanic do this maintenance for us but I wanted to us to become more self-sufficient. Does anyone know how to properly drain, bleed and replkace the hydraulic oil? I just want to make sure we don't end up with any air in the lines or any other problems. I have a 36" Lesco hydro walk-behind mower. Any help provided will be greatly appeciated.

Steve
08-27-2011, 12:53 PM
I haven't played with that mower but I would think you should be able to drain the fluid out of the lines, maybe spray compressed air through it to force it out and then add your new fluid. After you run it for a short time, the fluid may lower as it forces out the air from the lines so you may need to add more fluid and then you should be good.

If anyone else has any thoughts on this, please share.

wandfsmall
08-28-2011, 10:54 AM
I haven't played with that mower but I would think you should be able to drain the fluid out of the lines, maybe spray compressed air through it to force it out and then add your new fluid. After you run it for a short time, the fluid may lower as it forces out the air from the lines so you may need to add more fluid and then you should be good.

If anyone else has any thoughts on this, please share.

Please do not use compressed air to force the oil out of the lines. Just drain the oil you can get out of the tank change the oil filter(fill the new oil filter with hydro oil before you put it on) and fill the tank. After you have it full of oil get the wheels off of the ground and run the unit forward and backward for at least 30 min to make sure no air bubbles are in the lines with the tires spinning in the air. Then lower the unit to the ground and your done.