PDA

View Full Version : replanting cost

CFD192
08-25-2011, 07:16 PM
Guys and gals, I need help on this one. I was asked to replant two canadian hemlocks from one location to a location 25 yards away. They are roughly 8 foot tall. I am being asked to give an estimate for a company who is subcontracting my services for a state bid on putting in bathroom unit in a state resort, of which the two hemlocks are that need to be moved to be out of the way for the new construction. Any idea on prices?

picframer
08-25-2011, 08:07 PM
Guys and gals, I need help on this one. I was asked to replant two canadian hemlocks from one location to a location 25 yards away. They are roughly 8 foot tall. I am being asked to give an estimate for a company who is subcontracting my services for a state bid on putting in bathroom unit in a state resort, of which the two hemlocks are that need to be moved to be out of the way for the new construction. Any idea on prices?

I live in an area where Hemlock grow like wildflower, a tree 8 feet tall is going to have a very well established root system, unless you excavate a very large area around it and deep, it will not take the transplant.

Honestly this would be a case where I would probably offer to plant new trees in the required location.

Steve
08-26-2011, 03:32 PM
What kind of equipment were you planning on using to perform this job and have you priced how much the tree would cost to replace?