PDA

View Full Version : Customer shrinkage

Ducke
08-24-2011, 06:53 PM
Well I knew it was coming and should have had a plan in place but I've been so busy with the new company the weather rain rain and and then more rain, then loosing my Mom back in April , My Mother in-law developing Alzheimer's has kept us both busy full time. (for a women of 85 she sure can move) and now my Father in-law on his death bed so life in general has been nuts, and people wonder why I drink.
(Man oh man I'm starting to sound like Cheese :D Only kidding)

I had several Real Estate jobs that I was taking care of , Good money BUT they are short term work.
Two weeks ago I lost 1 account due to it selling and then last week two more and I got a call today next week will be its lats mow. That's four customer gone, I did leave my card, post card and flyer at each house for the new owners, but have not herd anything.
So here is the problem how to generate new customers now so late in the year.
anyone got some late season advertising ideas???

Graham

bruces
08-24-2011, 07:48 PM
get ready for fall clean-up season ,and try to retain the customers for next season .

Steve
08-25-2011, 11:31 AM
How do you feel you marketing is doing? Do you find you are bringing in new calls quite regularly or is it more like it comes in waves when you do some kind of mailing or flyer distribution?

Depending on how your marketing is working, it could counteract the customer shrinkage.

Edward36
08-26-2011, 09:51 PM
if you do lot Real Estate talk to the Realtor about setting up 1 2 or 3 years of property maintenance contract as way to help sell houses and maybe turn the buyer into long term customers, it will cost the seller less to pay you for 1-3 years of maintenance for the average home, than to take 5-10 thousand off during negotiation. I heard somewhere that the average homeowner pays $900 year for mowing. i hope this make sense i know its not the answer to ? you asked but maybe it will help

Steve
08-27-2011, 01:59 PM
Edward, have you been experimenting with such marketing? Any advice on the best ways to pull it all together?

Johnny_boy02
08-28-2011, 12:49 AM
I still wouldn't Shovel Sh!t for any money.
I have way more work then I can handle now and as for winter I'll be smiling sitting in my toasty warm house while someone else scoops Frozen Crap.

besides if I wanted to shovel Sh!t i would have gone into Politics.:D

Hope you can afford to keep the heat on.:rolleyes:

Ducke
08-28-2011, 08:46 AM
I could loose all my customers and I still wouldn't stoop so low as to shovel $hit for a living.