PDA

View Full Version : Topsoil

CHEESE2009
08-24-2011, 06:48 PM
What's the best price you can get your topsoil for, in your location?

How well have you been able to sell your topsoil service to your clients?

Do you book clients, or get a single load of soil per client who asks?

Share your stories.

I would usually just pick up bags, but that doesn't motivate me to push a store bought bag of overpriced crap.

Anyone lucky enough to get wholesale grass seed? Holy crap I'd have a blast with that!

Ducke
08-24-2011, 07:01 PM
What's the best price you can get your topsoil for, in your location?

How well have you been able to sell your topsoil service to your clients?

Do you book clients, or get a single load of soil per client who asks?

Share your stories.

I would usually just pick up bags, but that doesn't motivate me to push a store bought bag of overpriced crap.

Anyone lucky enough to get wholesale grass seed? Holy crap I'd have a blast with that!

I just did three lawn reseeds last week.
I got 8 yards of Seed Grade soil Delivered to my place and then trailer it to the job site myself.
It as a mix of top soil compost and manure very nice stuff it cost me $32.00 a yard.
My seed i get from a local feed and seed shop that deals wholesale to registered companies. I paid $18.00 for a 10Kg bag of custom mix for our area.
I would like to by a dump trailer but it's not in the budget for a couple of years, although I have been told I can rent one if I need it so I might do that next time to save on delivery charges.

picframer
08-24-2011, 07:10 PM
I live in the same area as Ducke, Although I sold the landscaping co I still get wholesale prices as I bought a load earlier this week, $14.50 a yard delivered. We were one of their bigger clients, last year we went through almost 4,800 yards of product, that is lawn soil, garden soil and mulch.

In the spring I would get a 30 yard load of each delivered to my home, lot's of room, these are massive tractor trailer loads.