PDA

View Full Version : New business cards

Rodriguez11
08-23-2011, 06:14 PM
So this is my new business card. They have not arrived yet but just want some feedback! They are the shiny really nice cards and got them for a great price so it is not a big deal to change anything if i need to later. Let me know what yall think

Also, considering using the front of the business card as a truck magnet, maybe a trailer wrap in the far future

Hedgemaster
08-23-2011, 06:33 PM
Here's my feedback:

Ask for feedback before placing the order. :D

You'll probably get a lot of compliments due to the "pretty image", but speaking as a graphic designer, it could use some improvement. Nothing major, but a few small tweaks will really make a big difference. Note that it's already better than many, so that's a good thing! ;)

I'll try and hop back on later and elaborate. I have to run now...

Rodriguez11
08-23-2011, 06:51 PM
I know I know!! We were just rushed to come up with some new cards and brochures because of a big business convention this thursday! I am in the middle of changing my company name and wanted to get the new one out there at this convention. I actually had little part of making the card but am not good with making that kind of decisions. I am good with the cutting grass and planting trees kind of business ha. All I did was find the picture and say use this, wish I would not have been so rushed.

Liberty Landscaping LLC
08-23-2011, 08:47 PM
Not bad for rushing.
Personally I would have reordered the list and put things differently. I try and put my services at the top big ticket items first. Then I put the other stuff like deliver mulch soil yadda yadda.

Dumb question do you cut lawns that's not listed? You say Property Management that could mean something really different ie a home owner has you as the go between for repairs, lawn maint, collecting rent, and filling open units. When I see property Management that's the first thing that comes to mind.

Rodriguez11
08-23-2011, 09:04 PM
WOW i feel stupid now! How could we not even put lawn maintenance, that's our main thing. Now i feel like that was a failure

Steve
08-24-2011, 12:38 PM
Don't beat yourself up over it. Things like this happen.

We have seen many times when ads are created, the phone number is wrong.

You just should always get someone else to read through your information and proof read it first. Because we all will overlook the obvious, but others might not.

Liberty Landscaping LLC
08-24-2011, 01:48 PM
I always re read everything twice have my mom and my dad (very miticulous) and my ex the english graduate read it and we all missed my email address was my website url oh well... ask a few people to read it and see if it makes sense and you can post it here for us to look at. Then order. Everyone is helpful on this sige compaired to other sites that attack you.

picframer
08-25-2011, 05:21 AM
I forget which tractor you have, do you have a loader also as that opens a host of opportunities, I can't tell you how many places we would drive by an see a few loads of fill, top soil or gravel, we would stop and offer to spread it, this really works if you see a few guys out with shovels, tell them to enjoy a beer and you can do the work.

The other thing, most people have no idea what a box blade is, I have been on the tractor forum (John Deere) for years, even guys with tractors for years had no idea. When you master the box blade it opens a world of opportunities, you can basically spread top soil with one helper in the fraction of time of a bobcat with better results, regrade driveways etc.

Consider listing the services your tractor offers customers and always be on the lookout for work it can do.