PDA

View Full Version : Do franchised lawn care operators do better?

Steve
03-15-2007, 06:15 PM
Are there any franchised lawn care operations in your area? How do you feel they are doing? Do you feel they have a competitive advantage over you or not?

Cobb Business: A fertile niche (http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/cobb/stories/2007/03/15/cobbizfea0315a.html) - "I did a lot of research and learned that franchise businesses have a much higher rate of success [than independent businesses]," Comer said.

So he worked with a company that specializes in matching potential business owners with franchises and found his perfect match with Spring-Green lawn care services.

"My degree and my background was in microbiology," he said. "That matched well with this business. And I met with Spring-Green's president and CEO - they're wonderful people. . . . It was a reasonable investment with good return on the investment. And the company is really there for you."

Comer is the majority stockholder of the corporation he formed with his friends Grady and Beth Barnhill.

"Beth helps with the accounting," said Comer. "Grady is working as a Secret Service agent, but within the next couple of years he'll join the business full time."

Spring-Green services lawns, trees, shrubs - keeping healthy yards healthy and clearing up problems in ailing lawns. The service also offers yard insect, grub and ant control and lawn, tree and plant feeding.