PDA

View Full Version : leaking gas from carb

SECTLANDSCAPING
08-19-2011, 04:20 PM
So my employee says he hit a rock while mowing a steep hill with a personal pace walk behind. So I go look at the mower and its leaking gas down the carb. I asked if it was rolled he said no. The blade looks good no dents or dings. Spins freely.

I take the carb apart, spray carb cleaner and compressed air through the jets. Check all the fuel lines an reassemble. Put a little gas in and after a few minutes it starts dripping out. I cant tell where its coming from but its above the bowl. The bowl gasket was good but the bowl nut gasket was bad.

Could the gasket cause this or is it the float? I dont have a manual to check the float specs. Also who thinks he flipped the mower down the hill? I have a sneaky suspicion since he told me how dangerous it was. Thats when I told him for the second time do the top and bottom with mower the rest with trimmer.

wandfsmall
08-20-2011, 12:28 AM
So my employee says he hit a rock while mowing a steep hill with a personal pace walk behind. So I go look at the mower and its leaking gas down the carb. I asked if it was rolled he said no. The blade looks good no dents or dings. Spins freely.

I take the carb apart, spray carb cleaner and compressed air through the jets. Check all the fuel lines an reassemble. Put a little gas in and after a few minutes it starts dripping out. I cant tell where its coming from but its above the bowl. The bowl gasket was good but the bowl nut gasket was bad.

Could the gasket cause this or is it the float? I dont have a manual to check the float specs. Also who thinks he flipped the mower down the hill? I have a sneaky suspicion since he told me how dangerous it was. Thats when I told him for the second time do the top and bottom with mower the rest with trimmer.

the float would more likely cause it to leak inside of the engine. as for the problem you need to see where the leak is. If it is around the bowl it will be the bowl gasket or the bowl itself.

Steve
08-20-2011, 12:27 PM
Is the float sticking? Maybe if it rolled it got stuck or maybe even bent?