PDA

View Full Version : Those of you with WEBSITES !!!

Sprinkler Buddy
08-16-2011, 05:21 PM
I haven't been able to find an affiliate program that works for me. So I'm considering cutting out the middle man and offering an affiliate program directly from my own website, with the help of a professional of-course.

I'll be supplying my affiliates with banners and such with my link to use as they see fit on their website. When a sale occurs on my website that originated from an affiliates website an e-mail will be automatically sent to the affiliate notifying them of the sale and their commission earned. If I understood correctly that's how it will work.

I would like your feedback please!!

Would a website owner such as yourself consider becoming an affiliate to promote a product such as "Sprinkler Buddy" if it cost you nothing to do so on your website.

I'm thinking a $5.00 commission will be awarded on any order placed which originated from the affiliates website.

I may also increase the commission to those affiliates that have regular orders coming in. I have been in the lawn care business for awhile and I have always scratched the backs of those that have scratched mine.

Please respond freely!! You may end up saving me $$ or making us both some $$$.

Think this is a good idea or not!!!

Thanks, Leo

Liberty Landscaping LLC
08-16-2011, 11:48 PM
If you make a link to your site or a checkout section or something along those lines I'll make a page on my website for it. Also if you'd like you can make a craigslist posting and I'll post it in my area. Email me what you'd like.

Sprinkler Buddy
08-17-2011, 12:13 PM
If you make a link to your site or a checkout section or something along those lines I'll make a page on my website for it. Also if you'd like you can make a craigslist posting and I'll post it in my area. Email me what you'd like.

Thanks, If I decide to have it set up, I'll let you know when it's done.

If I set it up, I'll have a few banners and such with links for my affiliates to pick and choose from as they see fit for placement. The set up will cost me a monthly charge so I'm seeing if I can get at least 10 affiliates to start with.

There will be no charge for any affiliates to join and start earning a commission with my product the "Sprinkler Buddy". Please let me know if any others would consider being an affiliate. It will be easy for anyone to become an affiliate once it's set up. Thanks! RyRo, Inc. Leo D. Gauthier III, Pres.

wandfsmall
08-17-2011, 01:45 PM
Thanks, If I decide to have it set up, I'll let you know when it's done.

If I set it up, I'll have a few banners and such with links for my affiliates to pick and choose from as they see fit for placement. The set up will cost me a monthly charge so I'm seeing if I can get at least 10 affiliates to start with.

There will be no charge for any affiliates to join and start earning a commission with my product the "Sprinkler Buddy". Please let me know if any others would consider being an affiliate. It will be easy for anyone to become an affiliate once it's set up. Thanks! RyRo, Inc. Leo D. Gauthier III, Pres.

I am also interested in putting them on my parts site. I will have to see what your offering so I can work something out though.

Sprinkler Buddy
08-17-2011, 02:50 PM
I am also interested in putting them on my parts site. I will have to see what your offering so I can work something out though.

What's the website for your parts site?

I'm thinking a fixed $5.00 commission for any orders placed through an affiliates website.

That's a 25% commission if only one pack of Sprinkler Buddies is ordered. Sprinkler Buddy retails in a pack of 7 @ $19.99

I think I'm offering a very generous commission.

wandfsmall
08-17-2011, 06:07 PM
What's the website for your parts site?

I'm thinking a fixed $5.00 commission for any orders placed through an affiliates website.

That's a 25% commission if only one pack of Sprinkler Buddies is ordered. Sprinkler Buddy retails in a pack of 7 @ $19.99

I think I'm offering a very generous commission.

www.alloutdoorparts.com It still needs a lot of work, I think I only have 3000 items live the rest still need photos and updates. Been a busy year and just uploading what I can handle.

Sprinkler Buddy
08-17-2011, 07:12 PM
www.alloutdoorparts.com It still needs a lot of work, I think I only have 3000 items live the rest still need photos and updates. Been a busy year and just uploading what I can handle.

Looks good to me. What state are you in? Do you have a phone # you care to give out for questions on ordering mower parts. Looks like you may beat out my guy on some parts even with the shipping. Do you have a store front as well? Looks like you been at it awhile by the variety you offer.

wandfsmall
08-17-2011, 08:52 PM
Looks good to me. What state are you in? Do you have a phone # you care to give out for questions on ordering mower parts. Looks like you may beat out my guy on some parts even with the shipping. Do you have a store front as well? Looks like you been at it awhile by the variety you offer.

I have 2 storefronts and my website is act lacking as far as parts and design. I have been working on it a lot in the background but not put the links up yet. I have a phone number on the contact us section but it is. 1-(615) Mowers1 and my stores are located in Southern Indiana and Southern Illinois. We have been open 21 years.

The Cleaning Doctor
08-18-2011, 12:47 AM
I would suggest that you guys do this and here is why....

1. Customer goes to your site and sees the ad.
2. Customer clicks the ad and buys the product.
3. Customer is not knowledgeable about installing this product
4. Customer asks you if you can install it.

Or customer asks to buy it from you and you purchase and install.

Win Win for all.

shadrach
08-18-2011, 08:33 AM
I have 2 storefronts and my website is act lacking as far as parts and design. I have been working on it a lot in the background but not put the links up yet. I have a phone number on the contact us section but it is. 1-(615) Mowers1 and my stores are located in Southern Indiana and Southern Illinois. We have been open 21 years.

Where in Southern Indiana?

wandfsmall
08-18-2011, 08:45 AM
Where in Southern Indiana?

Evansville, we carry Hustler, Bobcat and Redmax at that location.

Sprinkler Buddy
08-18-2011, 10:29 AM

Do you plan to add your Redmax inventory on your site, like head replacement. My local Redmax dealer went under and I just ordered a replacement head online a few days ago. I payed $34.99 shipping included for Redmax PT104 Plus Trimmer Head Commercial Grade.

Sprinkler Buddy
08-18-2011, 12:51 PM
I just sent off another pack of "Sprinkler Buddy" to my birth state of MI. While I'm currently a small and unknown company, it thrills me every time an order goes out.

It's amazing the power of the internet,someone in MI actually found my product and made a purchase from my company in FL.

Those of you with a website, if you attract folks with a sprinkler system in their yard, your a prime candidate to become an affiliate and start earning a nice commission from RyRo, Inc.

If your a retailer, shoot me an email or give me a call to learn about my wholesale price. E-mail and phone # are located on my website. You'll have to put my e-mail in manually to send, I haven't put a direct link because I don't care to receive all that spam.

Sprinkler Buddy
08-18-2011, 02:50 PM
Here are a few banners I'm considering for any potential affiliates. Any recommendation are welcomed.

wandfsmall
08-18-2011, 05:24 PM
Do you plan to add your Redmax inventory on your site, like head replacement. My local Redmax dealer went under and I just ordered a replacement head online a few days ago. I payed $34.99 shipping included for Redmax PT104 Plus Trimmer Head Commercial Grade.

yes I hope to have everything I have on the site this winter. We are working on our venders to see what kind of pricing we can get with larger orders.

shadrach
08-18-2011, 05:48 PM

I see where you are at now - will run out there & look around when things start to slow down. Do you sell parts from the website in store or is that separate? Would like to pick up a set of the G6 blades for a 61" Turf Tiger.

shadrach
08-18-2011, 05:56 PM
Those of you with a website, if you attract folks with a sprinkler system in their yard, your a prime candidate to become an affiliate

Would be interested in this - mostly for the installation side of it.

wandfsmall
08-18-2011, 06:08 PM
I see where you are at now - will run out there & look around when things start to slow down. Do you sell parts from the website in store or is that separate? Would like to pick up a set of the G6 blades for a 61" Turf Tiger.

The website does run different prices as the overhead is different. I hope to change that soon but with Indiana property taxes and insurance differences that will be a way off. I can tell you that we will destroy any other local dealers prices at the store for mowers parts and service, it has taken us a long time to get where we are but as a cash company we have less overhead than any shop around.

an example of this is the scag 61" blade 91-209 we have for $12.29 in the store but $9.91 in the store. Still cheaper at the store by the time you add freight but that is what the storefront costs us to operate. The G6 Blades for a 61" Scag cost you $20.69 at the store.

Sprinkler Buddy
08-18-2011, 07:55 PM
Help me decide please.

As a potential affiliate, would you rather earn a fixed commission of $5.oo or 15% of the total order. About 50% of my orders are for 2 packs or more.

With the fixed commission, you'll receive $5.00 no matter if it's one or more ordered.

With the 15% commission you won't earn but $3.00 on an individual sale but if it's a multiple sale you'll earn more than the $5.00 fixed commission.

What's more appealing to you as potential affiliates. I want my affiliates to be happy, so let me have it.

Sprinkler Buddy
08-18-2011, 08:04 PM
Would be interested in this - mostly for the installation side of it.

That's great, you could earn the commission and charge for the installation. I'm 95% sure that I'm going to set up the affiliate program soon. Working out the kinks, I'll be posting when it's up and running.

Sprinkler Buddy
08-19-2011, 04:37 PM
I have just signed up to get my affiliate program underway. Looks like it will be a week or a little more before it's finalized and up and running.

I'm leaning toward the 15% commission because I feel affiliates that really work on educating folks about the Sprinkler Buddy will be able to earn a lot more that way. Nothing is concrete yet so if you like the $5.00 fixed commission more as a potential affiliate please let me know before it's too late.

SECTLANDSCAPING
08-19-2011, 05:10 PM
I just sent off another pack of "Sprinkler Buddy" to my birth state of MI. While I'm currently a small and unknown company, it thrills me every time an order goes out.

I seen your product in a industry magazine, I think lawn and landscapes or TURF.

Sprinkler Buddy
08-19-2011, 06:12 PM
I seen your product in a industry magazine, I think lawn and landscapes or TURF.

Lawn and Landscape liked my product and was kind enough to run my ad for Free on their New Products Page. I will run ads with them once I start getting known and can afford that big advertising.

That's cool you saw it. Thanks for letting me know.