PDA

View Full Version : Looking to Go Full Time

davjohn
08-16-2011, 02:15 PM
My name is Dave and I have been mowing lawns for 4 years. This year i started to branch into landscaping (planting trees and gardens, and cobble stone walkways and garage entrances. This has been a part time job for me, but I am looking into going full time. My area has a lot of people mowing lawns and doing basic landscaping work, so I am looking into another option to offer people. I have found stump grinding equipment and am trying to find a way to get the value of the equipment to make sure I am getting a good deal. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to go to find this information?

Steve
08-17-2011, 12:49 PM
Hi Dave,

For the stump grinding equipment, have you looked on craigslist or even ebay to see if you can find other similar models to compare price?

davjohn
08-17-2011, 11:13 PM
I have, everything I found was higher than what was being asked so I called a dealer, they were lower? I guess people just throw out prices. Thanks for the reply

Steve
08-18-2011, 01:27 PM
You can also consider renting a stump grinder, especially if you can line up a couple of stump grinding jobs together on one day.