PDA

View Full Version : Hello..new to Lawn Care Business

HelmsLawnInc
08-15-2011, 05:33 PM
Hello All I'm new to the Lawn care business and could use any advice available! I drive a semi truck and own the lawn care company with my wife. I dont use any "helpers" I do all the work myself and occsionally I recruit my wife to weedwack..she doesn't love it but says "she does it because she loves me" whata joke haha. A couple friends of ours also own companies as well. If you have any advice Id love to hear from ya. One question I do have though is how to go about putting bids in for commercial companies??

stevef1201
08-15-2011, 07:36 PM
best advice is to go to them, and talk to them. They will not bite your head off for asking simple questions. such as "who is the person I would have to talk to about........" Beleive it or not they will tell you , and how to get ahold of that person.
Ask him about who mows his grass, etc, how much does he pay now, is he happy with thier work, what exactly do they do etc. Now he may not want or need your service, but if you tell him you are looking for information how to inmprove your service to your customers he will tell you everything you need to know. Then GO FOR IT.

Steve
08-16-2011, 01:10 PM
What is your view on why you want to go for commercial properties now vs. residential customers?

What other business issues have you run into so far that you have found difficulty moving forwards with?

HelmsLawnInc
08-17-2011, 08:01 PM
I really dont have a preference on res or comm just being able to do both opens more doors for our company. Others problems are just small ones I have to ask and search around..like as to the first few months how to pay myself the correct way and giving estimates to potential customers.

Steve
08-18-2011, 02:18 PM
I think Steve gave some good advice there. Keep us posted on how it all goes for you.