PDA

View Full Version : vehicle Business Card Holders 10% Coupon Code

arthur712
08-13-2011, 12:13 PM
Check out all our new Marketing Stuff!

www.marketingholders.com 10 % off Coupon Code is (gopher101)

Thanks to all of you for the support!

Hedgemaster
08-13-2011, 11:21 PM
Lousy SPAMMERS! Post reported.

:D Just kidding! Artie is a good guy. I've placed several orders and products arrive FAST.

Off to browse now...

arthur712
08-13-2011, 11:24 PM
Lousy SPAMMERS! Post reported.

:D Just kidding! Artie is a good guy. I've placed several orders and products arrive FAST.

Off to browse now...

Lazy Spammer I am! LOL

Thanks!
Artie

Steve
08-15-2011, 01:26 PM
Just the other day someone was talking about losing their truck's business card dispenser. Was that you hedgemaster? Now is the time to replace it!

Hedgemaster
08-21-2011, 11:47 PM
Yeah, that was me. I found it today! LOL!

I still want to place an order though!

arthur712
08-22-2011, 09:41 AM
Thank you!

Hedgemaster
08-22-2011, 09:18 PM
This pic was taken today...

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy309/IntegrityLawnCare/Promotional%20Items/Business%20Card%20Holders/Take%20A%20Card%20Vehicle%20Window%20Holder/CardHolder2489.jpg

A more extensive cleaning revealed its presence under some crap on the floor under the back seat in my truck.

Love the magnetic holders. You can slap them on where they will have the most impact.

Hedgemaster
09-03-2011, 10:05 PM
Artie, check your email regarding an order...

t608
09-03-2011, 10:11 PM
Does that stay on the truck while you drive and how many cards have you noticed are actually taken?

Hedgemaster
09-04-2011, 12:10 AM
Does that stay on the truck while you drive and how many cards have you noticed are actually taken?

I don't believe it's intended to remain there while driving and initially, I was very careful to remove it before doing so. Then one day I realized I had forgotten to remove it and was doing 45 mph - uh-oh! It didn't come off.
Then one day, I looked in the mirror while doing 65-70 mph on the highway. Yup, I had forgotten it was there. After it survived that test, I stopped worrying about it.
Now it may depend on where it's actually placed and whether the surface is clean, because the magnet isn't really THAT strong, but so far, so good with staying put.

I usually keep 5 cards in there so I can easily tell when one is taken. Plus if left out in a torrential rain, I've noted that the cards can get damp - mainly condensation buildup, I believe, so I don't put a lot in unless I plan on taking it off and keeping them in the truck overnight.

I don't see a "lot" being taken, but I take that with a grain of salt. I'm not always parked in highly visible areas with a lot of foot traffic.
I will say that it DOES get noticed - people do look at it. I had a guy walk by the other day and I had said "hello" to him on a previous visit to this location... as he came by again, he saw the holder and asked "Is it OK if I take one of your cards?"

It's a cool product. There's another benefit that makes it worthwhile even if nobody ever took a card again as long as I'm in business... I don't have to open my truck to get a card for someone I've just stopped to talk to about potential work - I just grab a card, or tell them to take one for themselves.
During the summer, I can't keep cards in my pocket because they get sweaty, and that's a pretty nasty thing to do to a potential client. "here, take my..." Ewwwwwww!!! LOL!

I actually have photographic evidence of someone taking a card last week! Haha! I forgot about it - I'll have to post the photo!

arthur712
09-04-2011, 12:41 AM
Coupon code is fixed, and I got your order.

Thanks for everything, I can not wait to see that picture!

Artie

Hedgemaster
09-04-2011, 01:08 AM
Coupon code is fixed, and I got your order.

Thanks for everything, I can not wait to see that picture!

Artie

OK, it was just a kid, but she took a card none the less. LOL!

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy309/IntegrityLawnCare/Lawn%20Care/Hillside%20Lawn%20and%20Signs/IMAG2522.jpg

I was taking photos of a client's lawn and didn't even notice the kids walk into the frame as I pressed the button. When I put the camera (cell phone) down, I saw the girl open my card holder. I checked afterward, and sure enough, one was missing. I have no idea why she took one, but maybe she was just doing what the magnet says - "TAKE A CARD!"

:D

Here's my truck with the card holder complimenting the lawn signs...

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy309/IntegrityLawnCare/Lawn%20Care/Hillside%20Lawn%20and%20Signs/IMAG2518.jpg

Steve
09-04-2011, 01:08 PM
It should be interesting to see if you get a new call tomorrow.

Ducke
09-04-2011, 07:05 PM
This pic was taken today...

http://i802.photobucket.com/albums/yy309/IntegrityLawnCare/Promotional%20Items/Business%20Card%20Holders/Take%20A%20Card%20Vehicle%20Window%20Holder/CardHolder2489.jpg

A more extensive cleaning revealed its presence under some crap on the floor under the back seat in my truck.

Love the magnetic holders. You can slap them on where they will have the most impact.

I have fixed mine to the rear side flip window with some super two sided tape.
I do highway speeds and have had no problems.
When I first got it I used the enclosed tape and the first rain it fell off.
So I got some commercial two sided carpet tape , It wont come off now :cool: even in a car wash or a hurricane.
Now that I have the logos on the truck I hope to see some cards taken.

Steve
09-07-2011, 05:13 PM
I have no idea why she took one, but maybe she was just doing what the magnet says - "TAKE A CARD!"

I think another point to make of this is that it is an example of how 'non-confrontational' it is to distribute your business cards this way. A teenage girl walking home from school, might not feel comfortable approaching a man mowing a lawn for a business card, but here we see, she is fine with taking one home to her parents.

It's an important marketing lesson to remember.

We want to make it easy for people to enter our marketing funnel.

Hedgemaster
09-07-2011, 10:22 PM
You know, I was thinking about the "How many cards do you see being taken?" question...

Honestly, no matter what someone says in response to that question, it's mostly irrelevant, because everyone will have different results. There are SO many factors that come into play when determining the effectiveness of such a marketing tool.

The way I see it, if it gets your info in the hands of just a handful of people, it has paid for itself. If you gain just ONE client as a result, do you not think that would cover the $6-$13 investment? I do.

I don't look at the card holders as a marketing plan in themselves - just like the lawn signs I use, I see them as one of many pieces of the marketing puzzle.

And how can you argue with FREE SHIPPING?!!
(Shameless plug for my man Artie. :D )

shadrach
09-08-2011, 08:33 AM
I get more cards taken when I am not working - usually on the weekend when I am out running around.

Hedgemaster
09-08-2011, 10:31 PM
My order arrived today. (Thursday)

I placed the order late Sunday night.
Monday was a holiday.

Do teh maths.

;)

Gonna start calling you "Fast Artie". :D

Hedgemaster
09-12-2011, 09:30 PM
Damned kids took more cards today.

Different kids at the same stop. I put my new "neon yellow" card holder on and that thing is like a magnet to the eyes! They were drawn right to it. I happened to see them and they went right for it. Why the second one had to take one is beyond me. I saw the second kid ask the first one what it was and he showed it to her. Cripes, it's not like they are free passes to an amusement park - what the heck would they want the card for? I'm waiting to get crank calls now. LOL

That neon yellow lid is amazing. I took some pics today and I'll see if I can get them uploaded to show how much more noticeable they are than the green lid.
The plastic gathers the light and the edges literally "glow" - it's awesome.

Hedgemaster
09-14-2011, 08:46 PM
I had two people ask for cards today.

One was driving and stopped as I was unloading the mower. He gestured to the card holder and asked if he could have a card.

The second guy lives across from where I was cutting amd I stopped to talk to him for a minute at one point. Later, as I was loading up, he and his wife were leaving in the car. He started up the street, stopped, and backed up to where I was at and said "Hey, can you give me one of your cards?" Again, gesturing toward the card holder.

Neither one "took a card", but both were prompted to ask for one after seeing it. Something I had never thought about before.

Steve
09-15-2011, 11:35 AM
It's amazing how a little tweak in your marketing can make such a big difference.

Ducke
09-16-2011, 02:35 PM
Well I ordered up two of your holders today Artie.
I had one of the black oval holders but it fell off and now i don't remember were I put the stupid thing.
But I think the clears holder will work better as it is pretty self explanatory were everyone was asking whats that black thing on the side of your truck and then they had to figure out how to open it.
I like the clear box with the coloured lid simple but able to catch the eye.
I will keep you posted as to how it goes down.

Hedgemaster
09-17-2011, 11:17 PM
I had two people take cards today as I worked.

The first was a lady who said "That's a really good idea - that... thing... with your cards for people to take."

The second was a guy who I assume lives across from the place I was cutting. As I packed up, I said hello (ALWAYS say "hello" to people!), and he commented that the lawn I had just cut looked "nice". I thanked him for the compliment and he then stated that he took one of my cards, as he gestured to my "thing" on the side of the truck. LOL

mac83
09-19-2011, 08:42 AM
i think that i am going to get one of these esp. the one that hooks onto the window to many thiefs in some areas that i go to

Hedgemaster
09-19-2011, 10:15 PM
i think that i am going to get one of these esp. the one that hooks onto the window to many thiefs in some areas that i go to

I started with one of those. Ever time I turned around I said "DOH! I should'a put it on the OTHER side!" as I watched people walking by on the side with no card holder.

I got another, then I got tired of forgetting to put the window down before I shut the truck off, having to put the key in, window down, hook in window, window up... BAH! I just went with the magnetic ones and you just slap 'em on whenever and wherever you want. Hey, it's a low cost form of supplemental advertising, and it's a tax write off, so now I have several - the extras can go on my wife's car when I take it out.

I can certainly understand the "security" issue though. Most of my areas are "low-crime", but I'm waiting for a kid to just walk off with one.

mac83
09-20-2011, 07:17 AM
yeah i didnt even think about that before i bought one of them i was just going to leave it on my back window since my back windows are pop out's no rolling down lol i will be getting another after i test out this first one

Hedgemaster
10-07-2011, 11:41 PM
Artie, thought you'd like to hear this one...

Last week I was loading my mower onto my truck and I hear "That's the coolest thing I've ever seen".
I looked up, wondering if this person walking by was talking about my cargo carrier on the back of my truck (I get a lot of inquiries as to where I purchased it), but then he followed up with "It's a business card holder on the side of this guy's truck - that's a GREAT marketing idea!"

He was talking to someone on his cell phone as he walked by. I just chuckled and nodded as he passed by.

Oh, and two times last week someone took a card while I was working on a lawn. Sweet.

arthur712
10-26-2011, 09:14 PM
Thanks guys! I have new things all the time!

It has been so busy!

arthur712
01-24-2012, 08:58 PM
Bump this up!

Thanks for all the orders!

Hedgemaster
01-24-2012, 09:13 PM
Awesome.

I just sent your web link to someone on an unrelated forum after she saw a photo of my truck with a card holder on it and asked where I got it.

arthur712
01-24-2012, 09:26 PM
Awesome.

I just sent your web link to someone on an unrelated forum after she saw a photo of my truck with a card holder on it and asked where I got it.

Thank you again!

Hedgemaster
03-20-2012, 09:19 PM
I know this thread is older, and I don't know if Artie is still offering the discount, but I thought I'd mention that I was out today and had a (magnetic) card holder on both sides of the truck and one on the tailgate.

In three hours I was working a cleanup, three cards were taken from the side next to the sidewalk and one was removed from the tailgate.

:)

arthur712
03-20-2012, 09:45 PM
I know this thread is older, and I don't know if Artie is still offering the discount, but I thought I'd mention that I was out today and had a (magnetic) card holder on both sides of the truck and one on the tailgate.

In three hours I was working a cleanup, three cards were taken from the side next to the sidewalk and one was removed from the tailgate.

Yes, The offer is still good.

It always exciting to hear that they are still working great for you!!

Thanks!
Artie

Hedgemaster
03-20-2012, 10:15 PM
Yeah, I'm happy I bought them.

Some people need a magic number of "cards taken" to feel that they are "worth it", but the way I see it, those are 4 cards in the hands of people that NEVER would have gotten my info otherwise.

brian'slawncare
03-20-2012, 10:52 PM
artie- you should sell lawn signs with card holders attached to them. This way, people can just walk by you doing a service and grab a card

arthur712
03-20-2012, 10:58 PM
artie- you should sell lawn signs with card holders attached to them. This way, people can just walk by you doing a service and grab a card

Our card holders work great with yard signs!

Hedgemaster
05-03-2012, 09:21 PM
An email I got today...

Hi Hedge,
I just walked by your truck on Race Street and picked up a card. I'm interested in getting an estimate for cleaning up our backyard. Thanks!
Jamie

1234 Willow Avenue
Edgewood

A few days ago, I was pumping gas and parked at the outer pump near the street. I saw a lady walk by and noticed her turning around. "Excuse me, do you mow lawns in this area?", she asked. "Yes, I do", I replied with a smile.
"Can I take one of your cards?"

"Absolutely!" :)

Funny. Again yesterday while at another gas station, I noticed (through the truck cap side window) a lady walk over from the other row of pumps. She was obviously focused on the card holder. I kept doing what I was doing and afterward noted that a card had been taken.

Last week while mowing at a client's house, a dog walker stopped and took a card. She didn't see me standing near the back of the truck as she took the card, but when she did, she told me she took a card, and that she lives "down the hill".

I CONSTANTLY hear "That's a GREAT idea!" in reference to the card holder.

I was talking to some roofers who were working on a house I went to for an estimate. They were initially drawn in by my mower on my cargo carrier on the back of the truck, but when they saw the holders, I heard "Hey, Bob you gotta get one of these for your truck!"
We chatted a bit, I gave them the web address for the card holders, and as I was about to leave, the older guy came back and said "I'm gonna take one of your cards - I own a few rentals in the area - maybe I'll give you a call."

These card holders are a really stupid idea. :D ;)

arthur712
05-03-2012, 10:54 PM
An email I got today...

A few days ago, I was pumping gas and parked at the outer pump near the street. I saw a lady walk by and noticed her turning around. "Excuse me, do you mow lawns in this area?", she asked. "Yes, I do", I replied with a smile.

Funny. Again yesterday while at another gas station, I noticed (through the truck cap side window) a lady walk over from the other row of pumps. She was obviously focused on the card holder. I kept doing what I was doing and afterward noted that a card had been taken.

Last week while mowing at a client's house, a dog walker stopped and took a card. She didn't see me standing near the back of the truck as she took the card, but when she did, she told me she took a card, and that she lives "down the hill".

I was talking to some roofers who were working on a house I went to for an estimate. They were initially drawn in by my mower on my cargo carrier on the back of the truck, but when they saw the holders, I heard "Hey, Bob you gotta get one of these for your truck!"
We chatted a bit, I gave them the web address for the card holders, and as I was about to leave, the older guy came back and said "I'm gonna take one of your cards - I own a few rentals in the area - maybe I'll give you a call."

Thank you so much for letting me know this! It always feel good when our business card holders help people get new business!

I am constantly making new holder!

Thanks!
Artie

Hedgemaster
05-13-2012, 06:58 PM
Artie, I saw a car in front of me today with your card holders on the rear, side windows. There was a "Pet Sitting" bumper sticker on the back.

Hedgemaster
06-04-2012, 10:47 PM
A few days ago I was sitting at a red light and in my mirror I saw a guy get out of the car in the next lane. He quickly approached my truck and at first I was like "WTF?", and starting to go to "condition red" when I realized he was headed for my "take a card" holder! LOL!

"Hey buddy, I'm gonna take a card, OK?" he said.

"Go for it", I said. "That's what they are there for!"

TODAY, I was mowing a lawn and a woman stopped her car, backed up, and asked if I had a card.

"Absolutely", I said, as I stepped over to my truck and quickly snagged one from the holder on the side.

"Thanks! That's a great way to advertise!", she said.

Even when someone doesn't physically take a card, the holder comes in handy. I don't keep cards in my pocket while working because - well because they get all funky. Having the holder keeps them handy when I need them.

Here's my truck with the magnetic card holder...

http://i1144.photobucket.com/albums/o483/OakLeafLawnService/Equipment%20and%20Truck/Truck%20Chrome%206_4_12/20120604_175430.jpg

arthur712
07-15-2012, 12:24 PM
Still Available 10% off

Hedgemaster
08-31-2012, 10:50 PM
Artie,

I was working at one of my regular stops yesterday and a young woman pushing a baby stroller came by. I shut the mower down as a courtesy, smiled, and said "hello". We began to chat and she pointed to my truck parked a few feet away and said "Those are a great idea!" referring to the "Take a Card" holders.

She then asked if I do work on the next street over. When I said "yes", she said "I thought that was you - I live over there near where you were working."
As she said this she unzipped a pocket on the stroller, pulled out a card, and said "See, I have one of your cards!"

LOL! Awesome! :cool:

"I'm going to be calling you for some cleanup work - I don't have time now that I have the baby!"

Three things to learn from this...

(1) Always stop to say hello to hot moms.

(2) Always make it as easy as possible for hot moms to get your number.

(3) Hmmm... maybe that was it.

:D

arthur712
09-01-2012, 11:14 PM
You always have the best Testimonials!!!

Thanks so much!

Hot Moms are great! LOL

Hedgemaster
09-18-2012, 09:00 PM
Artie, yet another compliment on your product...

Last week some asshat did a hit and run on my truck in the two minutes it took me to run into a fast food joint to take a leak.

A witness got his plate for me, so I called the police. When the officer arrived, she walked over and while I started explaining what happened, she asks, "Is this you?" as she takes a card from my holder on the side of the truck. "That's SO cool", she stated, while gesturing to the card holder - "I've never seen anything like that!"

Artie's Business Card Holders - approved by Pittsburgh's finest. LOL!

arthur712
09-18-2012, 10:40 PM
Your Testimonials always makes me feel great.

Thank you so much!

Artie

Simmo
10-31-2012, 10:23 AM
Just ordered some magnetic business card holders. Artie is excellent to deal with and this thread definately needs a BUMP :D

Simmo.

arthur712
06-10-2013, 12:04 AM
BUMP it up! Thank you all!

stevef1201
06-10-2013, 07:21 AM
An email I got today...

Your absolutely correct, getting your business name out in front of people who are looking for your service, and willing to give you money is the stupidest idea I have ever heard of!