PDA

View Full Version : My new striping kit in the works!

RAlawncare
08-11-2011, 10:31 PM
i am very close to finishing my striping kit i thought up for my mower! attacheted are some pictures and i will post more after i finishe it hopefully tommorw:D sorry i took the pics at night.

Steve
08-12-2011, 02:21 PM
Oh it looks very interesting! Can't wait to see the final product.

RAlawncare
08-12-2011, 04:33 PM
Here it is steve, it was very easy to make and it doesnt to a perfect job but condidering the circumestances i think i did ok. im acctually veryhappy with it.:) P.s. i need to clean off my mower deck sorry for the eyesore:)

Liberty Landscaping LLC
08-12-2011, 05:38 PM
Looks good one of these might help:
either fix it instead of chains make it a rigid mount
or do that and make it so that the pvc pipe will spin on the ground as it goes down a row.

brian'slawncare
08-13-2011, 01:00 PM
i noticed you have a light on the back of the tractor. does that light up? where did you get that?

PS- looks good! get a picture with your stripes in the background..

lxarth
08-13-2011, 02:54 PM
I wouldn't make it a rigid mount. That would just crack and break the PVC. It needs flexibility.

I noticed that you put bolts through the PVC? If those are in contact with the ground, you might end up tearing up the grass, and actually making groves. Just something to look out for.

RAlawncare
08-13-2011, 03:21 PM
There are bolts going thru it but I cut them off flush w/ the nut so it won't tear the grass

RAlawncare
08-13-2011, 03:23 PM
i noticed you have a light on the back of the tractor. does that light up? where did you get that?

PS- looks good! get a picture with your stripes in the background..

It is just a clearance light for a trailer I had two and was gonna put flashers on my tractor because I drive it down the street Im. 14 but it didnt work I even tried tying in the wire with the headlights:(

nickeckes
08-14-2011, 01:17 AM
you filled the tube with sand i take it??? post some pictures of some lawns you used it on??

Steve
08-15-2011, 01:28 PM
Nice work! I'd love to see some test pictures of how the lawn looks with and without using it, as a comparison.