PDA

View Full Version : Did I bid to high?

caddy0291
08-10-2011, 02:06 PM
I looked at this dr. office today and gave them a estimate of $125 to mow,they want it done every week they have about 1 acre now thats spread apart in different islands of grass the grass is pretty well kept up and she told me thier last guy cut it for 35 a week I told her it was no way I could come close to that,after tthat she wanted me to tell her how much we would trim 37 bushes for I told her $8 a bush and I wanted to know is that about right now these bushes are about 3 feet high and are not that bad but they all need to be shaped up!!!!!!! Also if I was to get this I would have to invest in a trimmer I was wondering what kind do you guys recomend?

stevef1201
08-10-2011, 05:03 PM
Get the best In my opinion Sthil. If they got someone to cut for 35 a week I would have asked why is he still not doing it? 8 bucks each to shape bushes a little low I think but I did not look at them. To Cut, trim, edge, and clean up that many islands I think that is a good price

Rodriguez11
08-10-2011, 06:36 PM
Definitely go with stihl. I have a set of the HL model and they were paid back by the second job i did with them. I believe they were close to the $600 area but well worth the money. Only had one problem with them in 2 years, and just got it out of the shop today and used them on a bush job. Clutch went bad on it. $40 part plus $55 labor. I think that's pretty good for 2 years of abuse. Also, while I was picking them up I looked at the regular hand held ones, the "occasional" use model was $320.. The professional model was $520.. Funny thing is the occasional use model has a larger engine output, do not know if that is a good or bad thing, depends on the parts used on the motor i imagine. But, point I was getting at with that is the rep there said 80% of the landscaping companies coming in there get the "occasional" use model.

Johnny_boy02
08-11-2011, 12:00 AM
I am assuming you mean hedge trimmer?

I have and love the Echo hedge trimmer that is sold at Home Depot for like $299. It is light, cuts well and starts first pull.

Steve
08-11-2011, 04:08 PM
after tthat she wanted me to tell her how much we would trim 37 bushes for I told her $8 a bush and I wanted to know is that about right now these bushes are about 3 feet high and are not that bad but they all need to be shaped up!!!!!

How long were you estimating it would take you to trim each bush at $8 per bush? How did you come up with $8 per bush?

I'd love to see some pictures of this job site too.