PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!

RAlawncare
08-08-2011, 09:54 PM
hello i started a lawn care co. called R&A Lawn Care with a freind and im only 13! i made a big mistake by starting out with a partner and idk how to ask him to leave please help!!

Sprinkler Buddy
08-09-2011, 03:15 PM
hello i started a lawn care co. called R&A Lawn Care with a freind and im only 13! i made a big mistake by starting out with a partner and idk how to ask him to leave please help!!

13, Good for you!

If your equal partners in buying the equipment,etc... offer to buy him out or split the yards you have with him and go your separate ways with the business end.

If it's your dad's mower, just let him know you want to try doing it yourself now. You could also have him buy you out if he doesn't want out. Sounds like you could find some more work on your own if need be.

If he is a friend I'm sure you boys can work something out.

Good Luck! Your parents should be proud, keep it up!

Steve
08-09-2011, 03:19 PM
Hi,

Give us the low down on how you created your partnership? Also, what was your view on why you decided to go that route and what about it now don't you like?

Mattcrump
08-10-2011, 11:07 AM
Why do you think it's a big mistake? Having a partner can have many benefits as well. If this is something you are just doing for the summer and will soon quit then it is probably not beneficial to have a partner. If this is long term and you want to build a business and generate more income then at some point you will have more work than you can handle on your own. My partner and I split up all of the work. When your company grows you have to do things like advertise and market, keep track of bills and expenses, file taxes and keep books, work on your equipment and make a weekly or even daily schedule. Then at some point you have to decide whether or not you want to grow.... All of that is a lot for only one person to do, especially when that one person is also cutting the grass and going to school.

Just make sure you don't split away from your partner and then get overloaded with all of the work that comes along with starting a small business. Think through all of your decisions and way the pro's and con's. Don't take on more work than you can handle because it can overwhelm you fast. Especially when you are alone.

Good luck!

RAlawncare
08-10-2011, 09:54 PM
Hi,

Give us the low down on how you created your partnership? Also, what was your view on why you decided to go that route and what about it now don't you like?
Basically we wanted to start a company and so we did but he slows me down alot! all the equipment was purchassed with company money aside from trimmer and blower. Also right now I drive my 42" Troy bolt rider down the street! while I'm asking how much trouble could I get in doing this I don't go far maybe a mile there and back

RAlawncare
08-10-2011, 09:56 PM
Why do you think it's a big mistake? Having a partner can have many benefits as well. If this is something you are just doing for the summer and will soon quit then it is probably not beneficial to have a partner. If this is long term and you want to build a business and generate more income then at some point you will have more work than you can handle on your own. My partner and I split up all of the work. When your company grows you have to do things like advertise and market, keep track of bills and expenses, file taxes and keep books, work on your equipment and make a weekly or even daily schedule. Then at some point you have to decide whether or not you want to grow.... All of that is a lot for only one person to do, especially when that one person is also cutting the grass and going to school.

Just make sure you don't split away from your partner and then get overloaded with all of the work that comes along with starting a small business. Think through all of your decisions and way the pro's and con's. Don't take on more work than you can handle because it can overwhelm you fast. Especially when you are alone.

Good luck!

Yes I'm in it for the long haul and he is slow and has little skills... I had to teach the kid how to trim!

Mattcrump
08-11-2011, 12:07 AM
Dude... you guys are 13 years old... You will be learning a lot. I'm 29 years old and I learn and get taught things every time I work in a yard. I know how you feel though. My best friend and business partner also is kind of slow at picking it up. Some people just arent as good as others. However, he is great at bringing in business, keeping books, networking...etc. Everytime we work together in a yard I show him better ways to do the work but make sure I also compliment him when he does a good job. Most importantly he is my friend and there is no sense in a stupid lawn business ruining the friendship when all I have to do is try a little harder and have a little more patience. You guys will figure it out though.

Steve
08-11-2011, 04:09 PM
How is he slowing you down?

RAlawncare
08-11-2011, 05:24 PM
he just is slow! and has little abilty. but ive choose to not slit up cause i fell he can improve but well see.

Steve
08-12-2011, 02:17 PM
Does your partner enjoy working with you? Or do you feel you are dragging him through the process? What could make this situation better?

Keep us posted on how this turns out.