PDA

View Full Version : Does your truck air conditioning work?

Bobcat1
08-04-2011, 06:50 PM
My truck air conditioning has been out for a while and now I am determined to fix it.

How many of you have your truck a/c out? If it is out, what keeps you from fixing it?

bruces
08-04-2011, 07:44 PM
one month .Theres only one month left of summer here hot enough to want air ,not worth fixing it for that little time .

monoshock
08-04-2011, 08:07 PM
No a/c in my sweat can. :p

shadrach
08-04-2011, 08:58 PM
air conditioning = windows down & drive faster?

Hedgemaster
08-04-2011, 09:19 PM
I'm a pansy. Gotta have the AC functioning at all times.

MountainViewGreenskeeper
08-04-2011, 09:32 PM
Last year used windows most the time this year been all A/C

mark123
08-04-2011, 09:33 PM
Aw, yeah. I got the AC blowing nice and cold. :D Honestly, this is the first vehicle that I've had with AC that actually works. Not bad for an 11 year old truck. :D

Hedgemaster
08-04-2011, 09:40 PM
Would anyone laugh at me if I started a thread titled "Does the Heat Work in Your Heated, Leather Seats?"

:D

Hedgetoastybunsmaster

MountainViewGreenskeeper
08-04-2011, 09:50 PM
Would anyone laugh at me if I started a thread titled "Does the Heat Work in Your Heated, Leather Seats?"

Hedgetoastybunsmaster

No but you could laugh and ask me if my heated mirrors work in the never snows winter million degree Arizona summer.

To witch I reply no freaken clue.

Rodriguez11
08-04-2011, 11:29 PM
Sometimes I keep my truck running on small yards that we are in and out in 10 minutes. So my a/c will probably stop working soon enough, but its nice and cold for now!

Steve
08-05-2011, 11:36 PM
It's great to see a/c is working in the majority of trucks! Everyone seems to provide great maintenance on their equipment!

jsslawncare
08-06-2011, 10:37 PM
I cut, edge, trim, crank the truck up with a\c wide open then blow.

psparaco
08-06-2011, 11:03 PM
I only use the AC when I am traveling between clients more than 5 miles. If I have 6 clients within 1-2 min of each other but far enough apart not to park in one place. I do not use the ac. It wastes gas. Why use it? Get a clean towel to wipe the sweat off your face and arms. Drink plenty of water. Avoid carbonated beverages (dehydrates you) and take breaks when the temps are above 90 degrees F. Why get hot, then cold then hot then cold. Thats how you subject yourself to germs to getting a darn cold. I'll pass. Only time i enjoy the AC is when i get home from the day. I'm hot all day. Trait of the trade. If you can't stand the heat. Go home and let me do the work. lmao.

Paul

XtreemGreen
08-07-2011, 07:38 PM
I voted NO.. But it does work just low on freon.. Except its still R12 and dont feel like spend the $ to buy a can of r12 or the conversion kit..

Johnny_boy02
08-08-2011, 12:33 AM
I only use the AC when I am traveling between clients more than 5 miles. If I have 6 clients within 1-2 min of each other but far enough apart not to park in one place. I do not use the ac. It wastes gas. Why use it? Get a clean towel to wipe the sweat off your face and arms. Drink plenty of water. Avoid carbonated beverages (dehydrates you) and take breaks when the temps are above 90 degrees F. Why get hot, then cold then hot then cold. Thats how you subject yourself to germs to getting a darn cold. I'll pass. Only time i enjoy the AC is when i get home from the day. I'm hot all day. Trait of the trade. If you can't stand the heat. Go home and let me do the work. lmao.

Paul

Please explain further how using the A/C give you a cold?

As for the rest of it it is better to cool off for a few minutes than not at all.

XtreemGreen
08-08-2011, 02:26 AM
Please explain further how using the A/C give you a cold?

As for the rest of it it is better to cool off for a few minutes than not at all.
You do take a chance on getting sick if you get into anything that is cold especially if its right from the heat of the day and if your soaked with sweat..

jasonw
08-11-2011, 08:40 AM
If my AC didn't work I would put the truck in the junk yard.

Bobcat1
08-11-2011, 09:08 PM
I started taking a/c hose lines off and was blowing compressed air through each part and I found the liquid line that runs out of the condenser (which is the a/c radiator at the front of the truck) completely clogged.

It has an inline filter screen called an orifice tube, that seems to have created the clog.

So now I will be ordering a new a/c liquid hose and a new accumulator, which is the way the system pulls moisture out of the line.

Hedgemaster
08-11-2011, 10:24 PM
If my AC didn't work I would put the truck in the junk yard.

Yup. Shoot it like a horse with a broken leg!

Sprinkler Buddy
09-03-2011, 09:55 AM
My work truck has an attitude, it works when it wants too. Very unpredictable!

HungryGoatLawns.com
09-03-2011, 02:22 PM
The start of this season I just went about my route with the windows down between accounts and ended each day pretty wiped out. I work in Central Florida and thought that maybe it I would get acclimated faster if I just toughed it out. I'm from Washington State originally and not used to the heat. After a couple months I started using the A/C and noticed I felt significantly better at the end of each day. So, now I use it.

Hedgemaster
09-03-2011, 04:14 PM
The start of this season I just went about my route with the windows down between accounts and ended each day pretty wiped out. I work in Central Florida and thought that maybe it I would get acclimated faster if I just toughed it out. I'm from Washington State originally and not used to the heat. After a couple months I started using the A/C and noticed I felt significantly better at the end of each day. So, now I use it.

I don't know how you guys in the humid south do it.
It's been brutal this summer in western PA and there were days when it was 97 with a heat index well into the hundreds and I had to slow down and even postpone some jobs to the next day for fear of becoming a heat stroke statistic.

It's like that again today. I only had to do two cuts today to make up for a rain day, but the AC was a godsend. Now I'm inside and don't want to go back out to do my own lawn - LOL!