PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone

WKLandscapes
08-04-2011, 07:48 AM
My name is Wade Charlton, current owner of WK Landscapes in Aberdeen South Dakota. I established my business in 2009, its been a long road but things are looking up, i came across this forum and thought it would be awesome to interact with others in the same field.
WK Landscapes deals in lawn care and landscaping,mainly myself and a part timer,small operation.

jymie
08-04-2011, 07:49 AM
Welcome aboard!

Steve
08-04-2011, 01:57 PM
Welcome to our forum Wade!

its been a long road but things are looking up

What kinds of issues did you have to deal with as you got your business up and running? How did you resolve those issues and do you have any advice for others trying to get started?

WKLandscapes
08-07-2011, 10:37 PM
Steve

One of the major obstacles was probably aquiring the right equipment to get the job done efficiently, i had job offers which i could of made good profits, but where i fell down was extra labor cost and time, and like we all know time = money! So if i was to do it all over again i would have to say i would have put a lot more money away for capital and equipment, it aint cheap and goes quicker than a guy thinks, i learnt the hard way!

Steve
08-08-2011, 03:14 PM
One of the major obstacles was probably aquiring the right equipment to get the job done efficiently

Was this because of a lack of funds or just a desire to keep the expenses low early on? Or maybe you weren't sure what kind of equipment you should have gotten?

From where you are now, what equipment would you recommend the new business owner to get?