PDA

View Full Version : Hi From Pa

MUSTANG66
07-27-2011, 09:01 PM
Hi,

My Name Is Jason. This Is My First Season In The Business. I Didn't Plan On Starting This Business It Just Happened. I Was Asked To Take Care Of Some Properties For A Real Estate Agent. Next Thinkg I Know I Was Taking Care Of 14 Lawns. I Think That Is Good. I Reseeded 2 Lawns And Installed A Sprinkler System.

I Started Off With A Push Mower, Weed Wacker, And A Blower. I Just Bought A Dump Truck And An Older Front Cut 48" Riding Mower. This Cut My Time In Half. I'm Really Enjoying The Job.

Being New To The Business, I Don't Know What To Charge And Was Told That I'm Charging To Little For Some Of My Work. I'm Hoping That This Will Help Me Make More Of A Profit And Learn Some Tech To Make My Work Better And More Professional.

So Thanks For Having Me. I Look Forward Learning From You Guys.

Thanks,

Jason

Hedgemaster
07-27-2011, 09:53 PM
Welcome.

I'm in Pittsburgh. What part of thee state are you mowing?

MUSTANG66
07-27-2011, 11:20 PM
I'm From The Other Side Of The State In The Scranton/wilkes-barre Area.

mblack14
07-28-2011, 06:36 AM
Hi,

My Name Is Jason. This Is My First Season In The Business. I Didn't Plan On Starting This Business It Just Happened. I Was Asked To Take Care Of Some Properties For A Real Estate Agent. Next Thinkg I Know I Was Taking Care Of 14 Lawns. I Think That Is Good. I Reseeded 2 Lawns And Installed A Sprinkler System.

I Started Off With A Push Mower, Weed Wacker, And A Blower. I Just Bought A Dump Truck And An Older Front Cut 48" Riding Mower. This Cut My Time In Half. I'm Really Enjoying The Job.

Being New To The Business, I Don't Know What To Charge And Was Told That I'm Charging To Little For Some Of My Work. I'm Hoping That This Will Help Me Make More Of A Profit And Learn Some Tech To Make My Work Better And More Professional.

So Thanks For Having Me. I Look Forward Learning From You Guys.

Thanks,

Jason

What do you charge? I'm in oklahoma and a lawn I can do In under 15 min I charge 35 that's just to do the basic

Steve
07-28-2011, 05:30 PM
Hi Jason,

Welcome to our forum!

Have you checked out the lawn care calculators (http://www.gopherforum.com/showthread.php?p=43299#post43299)? THey should be able to help you out.

MUSTANG66
07-28-2011, 10:22 PM
The properties of for the real estate is set fee. but for my new clients, I charge for a job that takes me 30 min. doing just basics $30 and $35 for the same service but I bag the clippings. I think thats good.

This is my first year doing this gig. I didn't plan on starting the business, but I keep getting new clients by word of mouth. I have a full time job on to of this also. I hope things keep going in the right direction and I can be my own boss.

Steve
07-29-2011, 04:34 PM
Do you have some kind of plan to bridge the gap between doing this part time and then taking it to full time?

MUSTANG66
07-29-2011, 06:44 PM
I don't have a formal plan yet. That is why I joined this group to get some ideas. I need to learn how to marketing myself, the legal end of things(contracts, licenses needed, what type of insurance), and how to price myself.

I believe I have enough equipment, its just getting myself out there more.

Steve
08-01-2011, 12:09 PM
If you start with the basics, get lawn care business cards and hand them out, you should find yourself growing at a steady pace.

Keep us posted on how it all goes.