PDA

View Full Version : Hello From Oklahoma

mblack14
07-26-2011, 03:34 PM
Hello, I am Michael and I own Mike's lawn care here in oklahoma. I just started the lawn car biz and looking to get some help with it. Right now it's just me and my girl friend and a buddy or two working it. I am running Exmark mowers, 60in and a walk behind 32in and a push 21in. So I am hoping ill get to meet some new friends and maybe help each other out.

Steve
07-26-2011, 03:40 PM
Hi Michael,

Welcome to our forum.

What kinds of issues are you getting stuck with so far as you get yourself up and running?

mblack14
07-26-2011, 04:44 PM
Hi Michael,

Welcome to our forum.

What kinds of issues are you getting stuck with so far as you get yourself up and running?

bids and contracts,

Right now I am doing a min drop gate at $35 and going up from there. I am doing yards and flower beds. Just trying to keep it fast and easy, and I dont want to pay someone to make my contracts so I am just doing it by word (nothing in writing). I have people wanting me to mow every other week and some that want it every week. I had a guy ask me the other day if I would do every 10 days and I dont want to get into the 10 day thing for the reason I think it will be a pain in the BUTT. So how do I keep him happy when he only want's his every 10 days when I dont want to do it?

Steve
07-27-2011, 01:54 PM
I had a guy ask me the other day if I would do every 10 days and I dont want to get into the 10 day thing for the reason I think it will be a pain in the BUTT. So how do I keep him happy when he only want's his every 10 days when I dont want to do it?

Some members on here will charge more for bi-weekly mowing in order to get the customer to commit to a weekly service. Sometimes 50% more for the bi-weekly.

I would also explain that you need to work on a schedule and it has to either be weekly or bi-weekly.

But in the end, you may find the customers that want their lawn mowed every 10 days, just aren't the kind of customers that will help your business grow.