PDA

View Full Version : New from NC

grasshopperlawnnc
07-26-2011, 01:03 AM
Hi, my name is Nikki and I am the sales & marketing director for a start-up lawn care , Grasshopper Lawn Care Services, in Winston-Salem, NC. I am the company's beginning, middle, and end. I find clients, price their lawns, bill them, collect payment, and follow-up with them too. The only thing I don't do is perform the services. Two weeks ago, I knew nothing about lawn care. I'd never even touched a mower (except to move it out of the aisle at Sears once). Now, I am running the business for my boss. Hell**two weeks ago, the company didn't have a name!

I hope to find everyone on this forum to be friendly and welcoming. I look forward to interacting and corresponding to everyone here!

wandfsmall
07-26-2011, 08:31 AM
Hi, my name is Nikki and I am the sales & marketing director for a start-up lawn care , Grasshopper Lawn Care Services, in Winston-Salem, NC. I am the company's beginning, middle, and end. I find clients, price their lawns, bill them, collect payment, and follow-up with them too. The only thing I don't do is perform the services. Two weeks ago, I knew nothing about lawn care. I'd never even touched a mower (except to move it out of the aisle at Sears once). Now, I am running the business for my boss. Hell**two weeks ago, the company didn't have a name!

I hope to find everyone on this forum to be friendly and welcoming. I look forward to interacting and corresponding to everyone here!

good luck, bidding is a tough job when you have never done the work. I would recommend reading up on the problems with bidding in this forum to help you see how to bid yards.

Steve
07-26-2011, 04:39 PM
Hi Nikki,

Welcome to our forum!

What parts of the business have you enjoyed so far and which do you feel have been the tougher issues to deal with?

grasshopperlawnnc
08-02-2011, 03:25 PM
Well, Steve's amazing app for the Android has helped me tremendously when it comes to pricing lawns. My next task is to tackle the extreme [insert fanfare & flourish here] marketing tactics to drum up business! So far, actually getting business has been my biggest obstacle. I hope this changes soon...

Steve
08-03-2011, 01:43 PM
I think you will find, the more people you meet, the more you will sell. Keeping business cards on you at all times and talking up the business to people will surely help.

Make sure also that you promote yourself through all your social networks.