PDA

View Full Version : Marketing my business

Turf_DynamX
07-21-2011, 05:31 PM
I am starting a Lawn Care business in NC. Everything I read eventually says to offer a service that stands out from the rest. Well it seems that just about everything has been thought of. So, any advice on a great way to market and even ideas on abnormal services to offer? My funds are kinda low from the purchase of my equipment so im looking for more cost effective ways to get to people and then, the hard part, sale myself and my service.
I am also a one man service so until I get a Base, I can't really do Multi staff tasks. Thanks

Jon H.
Turf DynamX Lawn Care

Steve
07-22-2011, 04:22 PM
Welcome Jon!

The first thing you should do is to market to people you know and work your social network.

Can you get some business cards made and hand them out to friends, family and neighbors?

Try getting some of them to sign up with you for lawn care service. Then work on getting the neighbors of your customers.

I bet if you start asking around, you will find some of these people need you to start right away.

As far as standing out, sure there are a lot of ideas out there. As you grow, try and look around to see what others in your area aren't doing. See what voids they have left and fill in those voids.

But first go for those you know. It's easier to sell to people you know than those you don't.

Keep us posted on how all this goes for you.