PDA

View Full Version : LEHR propane powered equipment

upnorth
07-17-2011, 09:41 PM
Does anyone have any experience with LEHR propane powered lawn care equipment? I just ran across a LEHR trimmer on Craigslist and did some research. Most of the reviews i've read are positive, but i'd like to hear from true in the field experience.

Steve
07-18-2011, 02:58 PM
I haven't seen much discussion on them yet because it seems, gasoline is still a lot easier for the average business owner to use.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on it?

wandfsmall
07-19-2011, 08:41 AM
as a mechanic I see lots of problems with the converted units, you have to have an engine designed for propane for it to work well. Now that said you do have a few like Generac that do well with propane. As for the trimmer I would hate to have a propane cylinder that close to the muffler.

monoshock
07-19-2011, 09:04 PM
I have one of the ("propain") trimmers.That thing is heavy in the worst way. If you have a sholder strap hooked up and let go, the head will fly up bad. You have to push down on the thing to cut grass. The motor-tank combo is just to heavy. Also after I used it for about a month it started getting hard to start so I just gave up on the POS. Make me an offer and it's yours.