PDA

View Full Version : Couple Questions

GrasshopperLawnCare908
07-13-2011, 11:17 PM
I am currently trying to start a lawn care business. I have wanted to do this since i was very young the motivation for this now is my fiance and i just had a baby boy back in april and are getting married in october. So as you can imagine anyway i can work to get money i will,lawn care is also a passion and stress release for me as well. Being that money is so tight i am starting this company off of what i have at home 21" mower my pick up and two weed whackers that people happen to be throwing out. The one i dont know why they were doing it,its brand new the other one the head was broken and was unable to feed line thus i went to home depot and stumble across this thing called PIVOTRIM if you dont know what it is its basically a universal head where the line doesnt have to feed and is "less likely to break". Anyway since i just bored u with this rant my question is. Do you know of any universal heads like the pivotrim but used as an edger since i cant afford an edger right now? Thanks so much for your time and help.

p.s. any help towards starting up a company and marketing would be great:p

wandfsmall
07-14-2011, 09:06 AM
I am currently trying to start a lawn care business. I have wanted to do this since i was very young the motivation for this now is my fiance and i just had a baby boy back in april and are getting married in october. So as you can imagine anyway i can work to get money i will,lawn care is also a passion and stress release for me as well. Being that money is so tight i am starting this company off of what i have at home 21" mower my pick up and two weed whackers that people happen to be throwing out. The one i dont know why they were doing it,its brand new the other one the head was broken and was unable to feed line thus i went to home depot and stumble across this thing called PIVOTRIM if you dont know what it is its basically a universal head where the line doesnt have to feed and is "less likely to break". Anyway since i just bored u with this rant my question is. Do you know of any universal heads like the pivotrim but used as an edger since i cant afford an edger right now? Thanks so much for your time and help.

p.s. any help towards starting up a company and marketing would be great:p

As with most dealers I sell the Pivotrim head, and from what I hear from customers they do not edge well. You can also get a universal head from your dealer that will fit and edge though or maybe even an head designed for your trimmer.

Steve
07-15-2011, 09:21 PM
Are you trying to use your line trimmer to make a first edging or to keep an existing edge look descent?

GrasshopperLawnCare908
07-16-2011, 11:54 PM
first edge,its just so overgrown there its not gonna happen. It works fine where is not so overgrown though.

Steve
07-18-2011, 02:46 PM
Can you do the edge another way then? Maybe just do the first edge manually?