PDA

View Full Version : Ferris IS 5000 61" rear discharge problems

blackdogjackson
07-13-2011, 03:47 PM
Can any one help please? My mower used to spread the cuttings across the full width of the deck but now it is leaving them in a single row to the right hand side of the machine. I did not alter anything on the machine or hit anything before this happened and the fitting of new belts and blades did not make any difference.

The local rep suggested I removed the baffles, which I did, but this made no difference. Everything looks 100% on the machine so I am stumped.

I emailed Ferris for help but did not receive any response. Very disappointing.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I would really appreciate some help. The machine is well looked after and is about 6 years old.

Thanks

Steve
07-13-2011, 04:32 PM
The local rep suggested I removed the baffles, which I did, but this made no difference. Everything looks 100% on the machine so I am stumped.

Are they still removed? I'd think that would have a negative impact on the performance. Is the grass collecting now in certain parts under the deck?

Also have you changed the blades from one type to another?

blackdogjackson
07-14-2011, 05:42 AM
Thanks for your reply.

Yes, the baffles are still off but I can get them put back on again.

I had normal ferris blades on when the problem first arose, out of the blue. I then put a new set of mulching blades on but it made no difference.

We then cut the baffles in half. Sorry we did not take them off as I stated before. That made no difference.

Last night I took the mulching blades off and put a new set of normal blades back on. I also fitted a new deck belt. This made no difference.

All the grass is coming out the right hand side in a row.

The grass does not seem to collect under the machine.

Would some photos help?

Many thanks

Chris

wandfsmall
07-14-2011, 09:14 AM
yes photos would help, we would need to see what it is doing and what the underside of the deck looks like. Also has your dealer looked at it or just gave you a suggestion...

blackdogjackson
07-15-2011, 06:12 AM
I will get the photos done asap.

It was the dealer who looked at the machine, said he could see nothing wrong and suggested the baffles were cut.

wandfsmall
07-15-2011, 08:47 AM
if the baffles are cut you should see that easily.