PDA

View Full Version : George Ballas inventor of the weed eater has died.

Steve
07-08-2011, 12:42 PM
I never knew who created the weed eater until now. Very interesting article. It also shows you how you never know where inspiration will strike. So keep on thinking and coming up with ideas for new inventions and ways to improve your business.

Thanks George for making the weed eater. Great Invention! You will be missed.

Weed Eater inventor dies at 85 (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43593451/ns/business-small_business/) - George Ballas got the idea for the Weed Eater, a device also commonly known as a weed whacker, while sitting in a car wash. He wondered whether the idea of spinning bristles, like the ones cleaning his car, could be applied to trimming grass and weeds in areas a lawnmower couldn't reach.

Hedgemaster
07-08-2011, 08:20 PM
That's pretty funny that a man so famous for his dance background invented something that changed the way lawns are maintained all over the world.

Steve
07-10-2011, 08:22 PM
Isn't that amazing?

Here is a picture of his son and grandson who both can be seen on the tv show Dancing With The Stars.

mark123
07-10-2011, 09:46 PM
Here is a picture of his son and grandson who both can be seen on the tv show Dancing With The Stars.

I, quite honestly, love that show. I don't watch it for the Ballas family. I watch for Cheryl Burke. ;)