PDA

View Full Version : Belt drive WB slowing down

SECTLANDSCAPING
07-08-2011, 10:24 AM
I noticed in the last few weeks my toro 44" proline wb mower is slower. It still runs close to normal speed with the blades off but once engaged its slower then before. This doesnt matter if theres grass to cut or not it does it either way. So its not bogging down cause its cutting.

Not sure how to diagnose this. I was going to start with a tune up, plugs, fuel & air filter then maybe a carb clean. Just not sure if its something internal like rings. It doesnt smoke and starts up first pull with a tad of choke. This is the old kawi 460v.

shadrach
07-08-2011, 10:36 AM
blade clutch going out?

Liberty Landscaping LLC
07-08-2011, 12:48 PM
I had an issue similar to this with my wright stander last month. When I activated the pto the engine had less then half the power it had before I engaged it and it wouldn't even cut grass. I brought it in and one of the heads was bad. I am by no means a mechanic just explaining my situation. Good luck if you can't figure it out I guess bring it in and see about a loaner machine.

Steve
07-08-2011, 09:34 PM
I brought it in and one of the heads was bad.

Did they tell you anymore on what about the head was bad?

SECTLANDSCAPING
07-11-2011, 03:16 PM
blade clutch going out?

I had a few times the other day where the blades wouldn't engage when the button was pressed. Could this be related to the blade clutch? If its just the switch it doesnt answer the other problem.

shadrach
07-11-2011, 04:55 PM
I had a few times the other day where the blades wouldn't engage when the button was pressed. Could this be related to the blade clutch? If its just the switch it doesnt answer the other problem.
Honestly don't know the answer to that question - I don't really work on mine that much. I just know that if the engine bogs when the blades are engaged - especially if it is not cutting - that the PTO clutch is one of the first things to check. I had a similar problem with a zero turn about 8 weeks ago and PTO was the culprit. Not sure if it is the answer to your problem.

wandfsmall
07-12-2011, 09:22 AM

YES that could cause your problem, you would need to check the resistance across the clutch and post that for me to give you a good answer though. Also post your mower model info.

SECTLANDSCAPING
07-12-2011, 09:52 PM
do you have a walk through to test the resistance?
toro proline 44"
model # 30165
engine # 460vf508

wandfsmall
07-13-2011, 04:49 PM
Here are a few pages out of a repair manual for warner, I will try to find an ogura manual to post as well.