PDA

View Full Version : Which Gopher Books?

who1
07-06-2011, 07:14 PM
Which Goepher books are the best for someone just getting started in the business? The whole start up process and especially on how to obtain customers? How to bill, are the fertlizer applications optional? when billing for extra services are they figured in on a monthly estimate, or are they charged 100% when the work is done?

Steve
07-07-2011, 07:18 PM
Hi and welcome to our forum.

I have a bunch of books specifically on how to get customers.

When you want to bill, you can either do it manually with a pack of pre-printed inovices or use Gopher Lawn Care Business Software (http://www.gophersoftware.com) to schedule and bill your jobs.

are the fertlizer applications optional?

It's easier to get started with mowing only because most areas will want you to have an applicators license to apply fertilizer.

when billing for extra services are they figured in on a monthly estimate, or are they charged 100% when the work is done?

I would think you would want to bill the extra services on an invoice and give it at the end of the month.

If you have more questions, ask, but while you are doing that, read read read. There is a lot of information on here that will help you.

DillonB92
07-10-2011, 10:22 PM
My amazing Girl Friend Got me these two books for my birthday! I wanted them all but i wil take what i can Get. HAHA she got me the "Gopherhaul Extreme Lawn care Business Tips" book. This was the first one i read. It really gets you thinking of Ways to Get noticed by Future Customers. I started reading it and couldn't put it down. I Usually hate to read but i finished this book in 3 days. Of course i was in school and read 40 pages in one class period. haha the other one she got me was The Big Lawn Care marketing Book. It is FULLLLL of great ideas broken down for each season! I haven't had a chance to try the ideas yet but i have talked them over with a few people and they said they were some of the best ideas!:) Good Job Steve and Gopher Forum!:D