PDA

View Full Version : Landscape Maintenance Contract

ichargers
07-05-2011, 10:07 PM
Hi Guys!
My name is Oscar and I'm helping out my pops jump start his business. He recently passed his license exam here in California and we're essentially starting from ground zero! I'm elementary school teacher so I have this Summer to assist him with the paper work...I need help though with an actual maintenance contract...We've been visiting property management companies and finally received a call. We submitted a proposal with a cover bid letter...but IF we get the job,does the property management provide a contract or do we as the landscape company provide a contract?
-Any Info will help!
Thanks guys!

Fisher
07-05-2011, 10:24 PM
As much as I like to control my work with what I have written up, I must say that all of our commercial accounts have contracts provided by the contractor/company we're working for. They list our scope of work and can get very particular as to what is expected from us.

If there ever was something beyond what we could do I would let them know immediately and cross it out in the agreement before signing and turning it back in.

This doesn't always go well but if that area ever came into question we can have them look into their records to see that we had not agreed on that issue and could not be expected to be held to it if it will cause a loss for us to do so.

ichargers
07-05-2011, 11:17 PM
Thanks a bunch for your insight! It really clears it up for us...

We hope to get an opportunity to one day serve commercial properties...that's our goal...

Hope all is well, over in TN

Steve
07-06-2011, 08:56 AM
Hi Oscar,

Welcome to our forum!

What is your plan with your business as far as how you will be going about attracting new customers?

Are you looking to acquire residential customers or are you going after commercial customers mainly?

ichargers
07-06-2011, 12:44 PM
Hey Steve!

First of all, thanks for running this awesome forum! There's tons of great convo going on and it's good to hear from others that are in the same business.

Well as far as attracting new customers, we've set up a facebook business page and have attracted 70 something followers...We have a shortened vanity URL...we've created fliers and have attempted to walk door to door...

We're really trying to acquire commercial accounts...We've created formal letters that tell property management companies who we are ...we're also mentioning that we would like to be on their bidders list....

My dad and I are looking up property management companies here in San Diego and really exhausting! A lot of times it's really difficult to find names/contacts...

Steve, my question is, are we on the right track?? Is there other ways of attracting commercial accounts?? Thanks in advance!

Oscar

Steve
07-07-2011, 07:22 PM
We're really trying to acquire commercial accounts...We've created formal letters that tell property management companies who we are ...we're also mentioning that we would like to be on their bidders list....

My dad and I are looking up property management companies here in San Diego and really exhausting! A lot of times it's really difficult to find names/contacts...

What's your view on focusing on commercial contracts now vs residential contracts?

ichargers
07-07-2011, 10:30 PM
Well, due to the economic climate we're realizing that many homeowners out here in California are opting out with the idea of new construction landscape design...

My dad I have come to a conclusion that maintenance of commercial properties is profitable, though it seems like you have to have connections (word of mouth reference) with those who award commercial accounts...

We're staying optimistic during these times and we're definitely not shying away from those residential contracts :D

Steve
07-07-2011, 10:34 PM
Ok that makes sense. By far this is the best info I have seen on the forum on gaining commercial contracts.

Check it out on my blog 12 steps to get more commercial lawn care customers (http://lawnchat.com/?p=2405). See if that helps.

Also read more about getting commercial contracts here.

http://lawnchat.com/?cat=39