PDA

View Full Version : New to forum but not to lawns

suprafied
07-05-2011, 10:38 AM
Hello forum members,

I've been doing lawn mowing for the last 25 years as my father got me hooked on the Simplicity rider at the age of six. At 12, I started sourcing other clients to gain income as there aren't many ways to generate income at this age. This plan worked well until college took precedence from the ages of 20 to 24. For the last six years post graduation, my focus has been on my main career of engineering in order to establish solid groundwork (financially and professionally) for my personal venture.

In past year, I have replaced/added some equipment in order to offer my capability to local clients. As of today, my equipment consist of:

-2010 48" Bobcat fastcat pro
-2010 5' x 10' trailer
-2008 Toro 21" Super Bagger walkbehind with BOS.
-2007 Echo 230 trimmer
-2007 Echo PB620 blower
-2000 Toro 21" Super Recycler PP.

I plan to add an Echo edger, trimmer/blower mounts to the trailer and possibly a gas powered brush trimmer.

Hopefully, I can use the resources I have seen on this website and professional engineering experience to build a lean, but effective operation.

DP

Steve
07-06-2011, 08:35 AM
Welcome to our forum!

For the last six years post graduation, my focus has been on my main career of engineering in order to establish solid groundwork (financially and professionally) for my personal venture.

What is your ideal plan with it all? Would you like to do both or would you rather do one over the other?

suprafied
07-07-2011, 04:49 PM
Welcome to our forum!

What is your ideal plan with it all? Would you like to do both or would you rather do one over the other?

Both but the engineering will always take my main focus due to the income potential. Lawn mowing allows for me to source amenties, stimulate my savings and allow for the additional income if my soon to be wife and I choose to have a kid.

DP

Steve
07-07-2011, 07:37 PM
With your engineering and analytical background, I am sure you will have no problem getting your business to where you want it to be.