PDA

View Full Version : Door hanger distributing advertising! HELP!!!

clandscaping44
07-02-2011, 08:53 AM
Need help on door hanger advertising. Ordered about 250 door hangers started distributing them about a week ago is it normal not to get call's even though the people look the piece of marketing right in the face??? How can I improve the sale's in door hangers? My goal is to gain anywhere from 1 to 5 more clients before the end of the mowing season which is 1st or 2nd week of October. Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)

mark123
07-02-2011, 12:24 PM
Unfortunately, the only people that say these are a great idea are the people that print and sell door hangers. They also exaggerate their conversion rate by a factor of 10 (probably more).

For every customer you wish to obtain you'll most likely have to distribute between 500 and 1000 advertisements and I'm not even sure 1000 will get you anything. It's true that it is a numbers game. It's just a very low numbers game.

I advertised in a local paper and got two calls from outside of my service area. Flyers with tear-offs = zero calls.

So far the only advertisement that has gained me any customers has been my web site. So far, 6 customers (11 total properties) @ $350+ per week. That's an extra $11k+ per year from a very small investment.

shadrach
07-02-2011, 01:58 PM
5 more regular clients probably means you need about 5000 or so doorhangers. They usually work better for 1 time services than they do for regular customers & the time of year makes it harder as well. wouldn't expecxt all call out of 250 - just too small of a number to expect any result. Its really more of a branding tool - getting your name out there for people to see. We have about a !.5% - 2% call rate on flyers and get a decent amount of one time jobs for it but for regular mowing clients its probably a .2% close rate. Aggressive discounts or special offers would make it a higher percentage.

stevef1201
07-02-2011, 02:13 PM
I put over 5000 door hangers, 300 flyers with pull of tags, and untold number of other bits of advertising, ZERO calls. The only luck I have had is the local newspaper advertising.

Steve
07-03-2011, 08:47 PM
Need help on door hanger advertising. Ordered about 250 door hangers started distributing them about a week ago is it normal not to get call's even though the people look the piece of marketing right in the face???

Could you tell us a little about what you had on your door hanger or show us what you made? That could have an effect on your results as well.

jymie
07-04-2011, 09:36 PM
Unfortunately, the only people that say these are a great idea are the people that print and sell door hangers. They also exaggerate their conversion rate by a factor of 10 (probably more).

For every customer you wish to obtain you'll most likely have to distribute between 500 and 1000 advertisements and I'm not even sure 1000 will get you anything. It's true that it is a numbers game. It's just a very low numbers game.

I advertised in a local paper and got two calls from outside of my service area. Flyers with tear-offs = zero calls.

So far the only advertisement that has gained me any customers has been my web site. So far, 6 customers (11 total properties) @ $350+ per week. That's an extra $11k+ per year from a very small investment.

Total agreement on this. My website has generated more business for us than distributing flyers has. The internet is the game now, play it wisely. Have a website with a quote form to fill out. Check my site to see what I mean. Click on the request a quote page. List the site in all the maps ie: google maps, yahoo maps & bing maps. Make sure your site has proper keywords etc.