PDA

View Full Version : Help Help Help !!!!

atylawncare
06-28-2011, 09:32 PM
Ok so this is my first season i lost the one and only customer i had for a seasonal customer do to they didnt wanna be on a regular schedule so i told them to call me when they wanted their yard serviced and well she text me and told me shes gonna have her neighbor do it if im not wanting to keep up on it (the customer was my aunt) well after that i had did a yard clean up job and my mower got snagged and it tore my mower up completely so now i have no mower and im a little discourage what can i do to get the motivation back anything ? im really wanting to do this but im just unmotivated..

Hedgemaster
06-28-2011, 10:36 PM
Ok so this is my first season i lost the one and only customer i had for a seasonal customer do to they didnt wanna be on a regular schedule so i told them to call me when they wanted their yard serviced and well she text me and told me shes gonna have her neighbor do it if im not wanting to keep up on it (the customer was my aunt) well after that i had did a yard clean up job and my mower got snagged and it tore my mower up completely so now i have no mower and im a little discourage what can i do to get the motivation back anything ? im really wanting to do this but im just unmotivated..

That's funny right there.

- Hedgecontradictionmaster

Steve
06-30-2011, 11:15 AM
Ok so this is my first season i lost the one and only customer i had for a seasonal customer due to they didnt wanna be on a regular schedule so i told them to call me when they wanted their yard serviced and well she text me and told me shes gonna have her neighbor do it if im not wanting to keep up on it (the customer was my aunt)

Can you tell me a little more about this? Your aunt tells you she doesnt want to be on a regular schedule and then says she is going to get her neighbor to do it? I think I am missing how she made the jump from point a to point b there.

well after that i had did a yard clean up job and my mower got snagged and it tore my mower up completely so now i have no mower and im a little discourage what can i do to get the motivation back anything ? im really wanting to do this but im just unmotivated..

What did it snag on? Is there something you can get out from under the mower and get it running again? Give us some more info on this too.

Now is not the time to give up on this, lets keep moving forwards!

atylawncare
06-30-2011, 07:16 PM
She said i wasnt keeping up on the yard but i had set up for her to call me since she lived to far just to drive by and see if it needed cut well she never called or text me until she said since i wasnt keeping up on the yard she was just gonna have her neighbor do it which i actually went over to visit her since her neighbor has taken over and her yard is scalped and brown everywhere and he doesnt trim or clean up so i look at it as her lost. And for my mower theres nothing under it it sounds like its gettin good fire and wanting to start but just wont a while back i had that problem and i poored some oil in to where the oil goes and it fired right up but that didnt work this time im confused on it .

Fisher
06-30-2011, 10:49 PM
Have you checked your fuel, filters, and lines. I also have to say that I can't hear my plugs spark, though I can here whether or not there was combustion. I will visually check my plugs when in doubt.

What did you snag on and what part of the mower was snagged?

Steve
07-01-2011, 05:02 PM
She said i wasnt keeping up on the yard but i had set up for her to call me since she lived to far just to drive by and see if it needed cut well she never called or text me until she said since i wasnt keeping up on the yard she was just gonna have her neighbor do it which i actually went over to visit her since her neighbor has taken over and her yard is scalped and brown everywhere and he doesnt trim or clean up so i look at it as her lost.

Ok I understand it better now.

Why not just focus on getting customers closer to where you live? Do your neighbors know you offer lawn care now? Can you get the word out to them and ask your friends and family to hand out some business cards to their contacts too?

Are you thinking of other things you could do to further promote yourself?

atylawncare
07-01-2011, 07:29 PM
i actually tried a direct mailing type thing and never received anything from that i have a few people that said they talk to people and tell them is there any kind of suggestions that you would suggest i know word of mouth is good but anything else ?

Hedgemaster
07-01-2011, 09:19 PM
Have you tried Craigslist?

It costs nothing and I can't keep up with all the calls I get.

Yard Elements
07-02-2011, 03:13 PM
If you have the time, go knock doors, it's no fun, but it works, offer lawn care, landscape projects and gutter cleaning if your hard up for cash flow do whatever they need done within reason just to get moving. Digging holes spread gravel, etc. Go buy a cheap mower for now and save, save save that cash until you can get a better model. then save again and move up. Keep cash tucked away for slow times and winter months unless you get snow then walk door to door and shovel. If you do this you can make it work no doubts in my mind. Being a business owner is tough. When you figure your wages you usually make less per hour than having a job because your on 24/7 but the income potential is unlimited. Don't give up when it gets tough.

"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." Thomas Edison

Just don't give up, work 24/7, educate yourself, and you won't need luck. :)

wandfsmall
07-02-2011, 05:57 PM
ok lets see if we can help with your mower, I am assuming that you hit something and I am also guessing it is a push mower. Here are a few things to look for.

1. is the blade bent?
2. is the shaft bent(if so you will need a new mower)

if the shaft is not bent you will likely have to get a new blade and I can help you with troubleshooting your problem.

Yard Elements
07-02-2011, 09:09 PM
On the mower, if it has a belt drive try cleaning it inside. I had a belt drive honda that got grass jammed up in the area where the belt was suppose to spin and really hurt the performance i had to disassemble it to get it clean but it really performs better.

Also while trouble shooting a small engine general I look for Ignition (spark etc) Air Flow, and Fuel Flow. If it's getting Spark, as well as the correct Air and Fuel Mix, is clean inside and out it should run unless there is a larger issue that you might want a shop to handle IMHO. Hopefully I was helpful.

Steve
07-03-2011, 07:49 PM
i actually tried a direct mailing type thing and never received anything from that

What did you try? Give us some more description on it or show us.

jymie
07-04-2011, 07:22 PM
She said i wasnt keeping up on the yard but i had set up for her to call me since she lived to far just to drive by and see if it needed cut well she never called or text me until she said since i wasnt keeping up on the yard she was just gonna have her neighbor do it which i actually went over to visit her since her neighbor has taken over and her yard is scalped and brown everywhere and he doesnt trim or clean up so i look at it as her lost. And for my mower theres nothing under it it sounds like its gettin good fire and wanting to start but just wont a while back i had that problem and i poored some oil in to where the oil goes and it fired right up but that didnt work this time im confused on it .

You should be checking the oil on a daily basis before you start up for the first time.