PDA

View Full Version : 2002 john deere 657 quick trak

jeffery9076
06-26-2011, 07:16 AM
just purchased a john deere 2002 john deere 657 54" quick trak 222 hours price $2550 this thing is super fast for mowing but is killing my legs. I seen somewhere about a extender platform by jungle jim would love to see a link to this platform. And i was wondering about links to other attachments for this mower. I purchased the mower so my wife can mow/ hands are not big enough to grab the controls on my howrd price walk behind. the only thing was gas tank had a hole in the top from a tree limb fixed / and the middle mower blade was on upside down and must of been on that way for a while . Any attachments links would be apreciated. i will post pics thanks jeff http://york.craigslist.org/grd/2440068130.html

wandfsmall
06-26-2011, 08:46 AM
For atachments I. Would look at great dane super surfer stuff that is who made the deere you have and deere stuff comes at a higher price.

Steve
06-26-2011, 06:38 PM
Jeff can you give us a little more insight as to why you feel it is hurting your legs?

jeffery9076
06-27-2011, 05:58 AM
well the platform you stand on only lets you move your feet side to side not shift your one foot forward and one back like my other ride on sulky like my howard price mower. My heals hang off and thats why my calves hurt. Plus getting a extender platform will allow me to shift my feet around. Another problem i see is my right foot rubbed the belt with my toe should be a guard there or a foot stop built in. There is a pulley cover but the rest of the belt is exposed potential for shoe laces and foot to be pulled in. Plus the extender platform will center the weight over the rear wheels and will help hold better on hills. i will take pics of exposed area and post later today or tomorrow

Steve
06-27-2011, 11:37 AM
Ok, I am looking forwards to seeing this.