PDA

View Full Version : Bush & Shrub Installation

clandscaping44
06-25-2011, 11:46 AM
Hey everyone how we all doin? I had a quick question, now that im doin better then last season. I am looking into installing bushes/ tree's such as arborvitae's and such. My question is, how do I go about marketing this service? and also how do I go about pricing the job?

Steve
06-26-2011, 07:11 PM
My first question would be how are you marketing your services now? That would effect how you could add these services on.

It could be as simple as adding a new line to your current marketing material. Or you could take it as far as working with a local nursery to see if you could do their plant installs.

Here is a great article from my blog on pricing shrub installations.

How to price tree and shrub installations. (http://lawnchat.com/?p=2263)

Some lawn care business owners double the cost of the plant to install it. So if they buy a shrub for $20, then they will plant it for $20 and bill $40 for the shrub and install of it.

clandscaping44
06-26-2011, 07:52 PM
right now i currently am about to send out my first wave of about 14 flyers strictly for plantings then send out more in a few days... Only reason I dont want to send out a lot of flyers is b/c I dont wanna get swamped with work and I am only 15 but that no longer is an excuse that even drives me more to get more jobs.

Steve
06-27-2011, 12:23 PM
Well one thing to keep in mind is that you can always turn down jobs or bid them high if you are too busy. It's easier to do that than it is to sit and wait for calls to come in and wish there were more. So I wouldn't worry too much about getting too many calls.

Also you may want to include the service with a list of others so you can maximize your flyers potential.

Keep us posted on how this goes.

Also, if you want to show your flyer, I'd love to check it out.

clandscaping44
06-27-2011, 09:56 PM
Yes I definitely will thanks... hopefully i will upload the flyer soon. I found out my cousin had passed away few weeks ago </3 But tip for EVERYONE even though life kicks you down you gotta get right back up or you'll miss the action. Just curious Steve, how often should I send out the Installation flyers?

clandscaping44
06-27-2011, 09:59 PM
Steve just curious, but how often should I send out the Installation flyers

Steve
06-28-2011, 09:25 PM
I think you mentioned 14 flyers? Get them out as soon as you can and get business cards made up. Hand them out to everyone you meet.

Are you marketing through your friends too? Do they and their parents have your business cards? Do your friends help you hand them out to their neighbors?

clandscaping44
06-28-2011, 09:50 PM
Ok sounds like a plan and no not through friends i learned my lesson the hard way when I got him involved and almost got me into trouble b/c he was a trouble maker around the block so far its just me I will probably have my dad or little brother help

clandscaping44
06-29-2011, 07:24 AM
This is what my current flyer looks like... I have approached a friend of mine who is a professional advertiser, he told me they look great. He also likes the discount

Steve
06-30-2011, 12:23 PM
What is a wps file? LOL I don't know if I have a program to open that :)

clandscaping44
06-30-2011, 05:03 PM
I believe its a word processor file. But mainly all the flyer says is:
"Before & After Emerald Green Arborvitae's are Installed.
Arborvitae's, especially Emerald green are known as the most popular "Instant privacy" Tree
Why don't you add some privacy to your home & landscape

It also says:
$35 OFF any shrub Installation

clandscaping44
07-09-2011, 09:23 AM
does anyone have any marketing templates for bush installation???

Steve
07-10-2011, 09:34 PM
Do you mean like flyers or door hangers to promote only that service?

What's your view on why you would want to focus on that?

clandscaping44
07-11-2011, 09:17 PM
yes mainly flyers... and I am looking to make a division of my business strictly for hedge trimming to increase business revenue and increase net profit to re-invest in my company... and who knows that one little job could lead into multiple upsell's you know what I mean? If you could help me out I would greatly appreciate it

Shark1611
07-11-2011, 09:25 PM
Steve do you have one on how to price shurb and or bush trimming? I have a good size job I need to bid.

My first question would be how are you marketing your services now? That would effect how you could add these services on.

It could be as simple as adding a new line to your current marketing material. Or you could take it as far as working with a local nursery to see if you could do their plant installs.

Here is a great article from my blog on pricing shrub installations.

How to price tree and shrub installations. (http://lawnchat.com/?p=2263)

Some lawn care business owners double the cost of the plant to install it. So if they buy a shrub for $20, then they will plant it for $20 and bill $40 for the shrub and install of it.

Steve
07-11-2011, 11:00 PM
Not yet, but what would you like to see in them?