PDA

View Full Version : Advice on Broadcast Spreader

cbservicesllc
06-22-2011, 02:12 AM
I am looking for an affordable solution to attach a broadcast spreader to my zero turn. I don't want something that I have to pull behind.

I have a JRCO universal mount bar on the front of the mower and wife's uncle is a welder; so no issue making a custom bracket. Anyone have a good recommendation for a nice mower/or ATV spreader? Ease of use is probably #1. I've seen the brand's Spin Tech and Earthway so far...

Any help is appreciated!

Sprinkler Buddy
06-22-2011, 09:15 AM
I ordered one from Cabela's, works great on the ATV.

Steve
06-22-2011, 05:05 PM
What kind of mower would you be attaching this too?

Also, what's your take on the benefits of putting the spreader up front vs. on the back?

Sprinkler Buddy
06-23-2011, 03:31 PM
I like a back mounting spreader, keeps the residue and fertilizer off the equipment and yourself better. Either way, be sure to rinse your equipment off at the end of the day.:D

Steve
06-24-2011, 06:13 PM
That's what I was thinking would be a benefit. It seems like there is little downside to having it on the back.

cbservicesllc
06-24-2011, 09:11 PM
I'm looking into mounting it to a ZTR. I can certainly understand the cleanliness side of mounting on the back. I am purely looking at mounting on the front to keep my profile small and for visibility of the application area.

Steve
06-26-2011, 06:57 PM
Keep us posted on how this turns out. I'd love to see some pics.

wandfsmall
06-26-2011, 07:14 PM
I'm looking into mounting it to a ZTR. I can certainly understand the cleanliness side of mounting on the back. I am purely looking at mounting on the front to keep my profile small and for visibility of the application area.

Smart move you also have to think about heat from the muffler affecting the spreader.